Queensland- Studio/sleepout in property ad - what does this mean?

We are are in the market for our first investment property and are looking at one tomorrow in Redcliffe (Moreton Bay Council) http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-redcliffe-117506351. It is advertised as 3bed2bath however it appears the main house has 3bed1bath and there is another building they're advertising as a 'studio/sleepout' that has a second toilet & shower. It appears from google earth photos that this building was a garage that has had the toilet/shower and laundry basin installed, and has been painted.
Do you think that they are calling it a studio/sleepout rather than pushing it as a potential granny flat or dual living building because it has not been approved? Also, can they legally advertise it as 2 bathrooms if this is the case? I feel the property is overpriced, however obviously if there is potential to convert the building further into a self-contained granny flat, it might be worth a bit more (making it 4bed/2bath).
IF nobody has any answers, do they know where I could find out? Just local council or should I speak with a certifier?
Thanks.

We are are in the market for our first investment property and are looking at one tomorrow in Redcliffe (Moreton Bay Council) http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-redcliffe-117506351. It is advertised as 3bed2bath however it appears the main house has 3bed1bath and there is another building they're advertising as a 'studio/sleepout' that has a second toilet & shower. It appears from google earth photos that this building was a garage that has had the toilet/shower and laundry basin installed, and has been painted.
Do you think that they are calling it a studio/sleepout rather than pushing it as a potential granny flat or dual living building because it has not been approved? Also, can they legally advertise it as 2 bathrooms if this is the case? I feel the property is overpriced, however obviously if there is potential to convert the building further into a self-contained granny flat, it might be worth a bit more (making it 4bed/2bath).
IF nobody has any answers, do they know where I could find out? Just local council or should I speak with a certifier?
Thanks.

It's an unapproved granny flat. Possibly a legal building either a shed or garage, but not suppose to have a kitchen or be slept in.

Thanks, so basically if we were to convert it to a livable area we would need to go through the normal channels re: certifier etc?

Thanks, so basically if we were to convert it to a livable area we would need to go through the normal channels re: certifier etc?

Yes, you would need to change the use of the building.

If you can... It isn't cheap either.

Need to see if the council allows such a dwelling, wether the off-sets to boundaries are okay, ceiling height, smoke alarms, concrete meets foundation requirements, just to name a few things to consider off the top of my head.

Everything is possible if you throw enough cash at it, but will it be feasible as an investment is the real question.

Back