Question about ANZ

I guess you are talking about pre-approval. What about processing the loan once the contract has been signed, how long should I expect that to take with ANZ?

between 7-8 working days at present. If finance clause is expiring before then the file can be escalated but I'd say even then 3-4 days.
Sometimes a file can get lucky and be worked on over a Saturday and it saves a day or 2 off normal times.

between 7-8 working days at present. If finance clause is expiring before then the file can be escalated but I'd say even then 3-4 days.
Sometimes a file can get lucky and be worked on over a Saturday and it saves a day or 2 off normal times.

ok that's helpful thanks, I guess I might hear something on Friday if I'm lucky as that will be 7 days.

The days I was refering to are working days BTW. They are pretty spot on with that also, Although the quality of some assessments lately have been pretty poor. After a few arguements I have found that desirable outcomes are forthcoming.
I guess now that us MB's are on lower commission schedules they feel we have to work harder for out money. Seems fair I suspose :(

A straight answer would be a good thing from ANZ

A hot tip - dont go through ANZ Mortgage Direct in Melbourne because my experience has turned into 45 days pre-approval and not meeting deadline on settlement on a property after having all required info to him, two days after offer and acceptance signed.

What are you still doing with them you may ask? Promise after promise of delivery and you get to a point of no return.

All I am saying is - if it is pre-approval shop around at the same time. If it is to get approval advice, ring them every day and put it in an email to them.

Good luck - I trust you are luckier than me!!

The days I was refering to are working days BTW. They are pretty spot on with that also, Although the quality of some assessments lately have been pretty poor. After a few arguements I have found that desirable outcomes are forthcoming.
I guess now that us MB's are on lower commission schedules they feel we have to work harder for out money. Seems fair I suspose :(
Gosh, it seems a long time. so it will be streching the 14 days allowed in the contract for finance. Maybe I should be asking another bank as well in case they don't go through with the loan?

Gosh, it seems a long time. so it will be streching the 14 days allowed in the contract for finance. Maybe I should be asking another bank as well in case they don't go through with the loan?

10 working days should be plenty if the application is submitted properly and all supporting docs provided. I've has 2 in the post week or so that have come back with ridiculous conditions and have managed to get both sorted within 10 working days.

A hot tip - dont go through ANZ Mortgage Direct in Melbourne because my experience has turned into 45 days pre-approval and not meeting deadline on settlement on a property after having all required info to him, two days after offer and acceptance signed.

What are you still doing with them you may ask? Promise after promise of delivery and you get to a point of no return.

All I am saying is - if it is pre-approval shop around at the same time. If it is to get approval advice, ring them every day and put it in an email to them.

Good luck - I trust you are luckier than me!!

I thought that ANZ Direct was shuting down....maybe thats your answer

ANZ direct is just their franchise arm, a broker without a range of lenders, just ANZ's. Only as good as the individual that you get.

Hiya TB

U mean a mono product sales person : )

ta
rolf

Horses for coarses I guess. If you know which product you want, going directly to the bank in question can save you thousands in trailing commissions charged by other types of sales people (ie mortgage brokers).

ta

Jason.

Hiya Jingo

My comment related more to the point of the term " broker". A broker by definition must have more than one funder, otherwise they are a mobile lender, loan writer, mortgage manager etc .

If a potential client lands on my door and asks whats your best rate, I have always immediately referred them off to a net based lender. I cant add value to that sort of product request. Homepath used to be quite useful for this, especially for a ma n pa simple home loan, until CBA realised that it wasnt making them a dollar, AND it was cannibalising their core business.

ta
rolf

Back