Question about Churchill

I was just after people's opinions on Churchill, near Morwell in Victoria? I am after both particulars about the suburb and also from an investment point of view.

Thanks

I bought a heap of properties in the valley 3 years ago and never liked Churchill. To small a population and nothing there except a uni campus. For some reason that I cannot explain the area has boomed the cheapest is now 80k I think. I havent got a crystal ball, but I'd be wary.

l went to Uni in Churchill and so lived there for a few years of my course.

l never liked living there and apart from the Uni it has nothing else going for it. However the Uni seems to be steadily growing so the demand for housing must be too.

It contains a lot of low quality housing, but l cant see prices growing significantly as there is so much alternative housing available in the surronding towns.

l am really not sure about investing in the Valley, but would strnogly consider Lakes Entrance and other coastal areas. The growth in places such as Paynesville is amazing in the past 18 months and Lakes is going to catch up. There is a very large high quality apartment development to be built in LE that will really put it on the map IMO. Thats where l would be looking.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers Simon

What about providing student accommodation there? You would get a markedly better yield for (say) 4 students @ $90 per week then for a family paying (say) $260 per week.

Note: I personally don't know this area - do your own due diligence to see if students might give you a nice return on your investment.....

Might cost a little more providing furniture, but some garage sales have really good quality stuff for a decent price, then the QS comes thru, and you get a nice depreciation schedule.

And, yes, of course there might be a dearth of income around Nov - Feb - but put your thinking cap on, and see how you might get around this little problem.....

Regards,

Back