Question about Rooming Accommodation in Gold Coast

Hi all:

Nice to meet you all.

I have a question regarding my IP, after talking to my rental agent and a couple of friends, one of my friends suggested me to come to this forum. thank you all for your help in advance.

I would appreciate some help in the following situation please:

In a standard 4 bedroom house, is rooming accommodation very different to standard rental agreement? If so, are there any regulations one needs to follow in order to comply for rooming accommodation? Does one need to get a permit and a building certifier for this? If so, what are the steps please? and any other implications for same e.g insurance etc.

Had trouble finding these answers online - there was some info re: rooming accommodation in Brisbane but not sure whether same applies to Gold Coast. made a phone call to GC City Coundil Town planning dept but they couldn't answer me the above either. some tenants are students, some are not. No food/extra services are provided apart from gardening. there is a cleaning roster for the common area.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Important info:

- How many different people or leases are you planning on having there?

- Are you planning to live there at the same time?

Hi all:

Nice to meet you all.

I have a question regarding my IP, after talking to my rental agent and a couple of friends, one of my friends suggested me to come to this forum. thank you all for your help in advance.

I would appreciate some help in the following situation please:

In a standard 4 bedroom house, is rooming accommodation very different to standard rental agreement? If so, are there any regulations one needs to follow in order to comply for rooming accommodation? Does one need to get a permit and a building certifier for this? If so, what are the steps please? and any other implications for same e.g insurance etc.

Had trouble finding these answers online - there was some info re: rooming accommodation in Brisbane but not sure whether same applies to Gold Coast. made a phone call to GC City Coundil Town planning dept but they couldn't answer me the above either. some tenants are students, some are not. No food/extra services are provided apart from gardening. there is a cleaning roster for the common area.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

The first Cab off the rank would be ring up who ever you have the Landlord-Insurance with and go forward or backwards from there..

Back