Question: Depreciation for Cool and Cosy Roof insulation

G'day,

This weekend the Body Corp has voted the go-ahead for Cool and Cosy insulation to be installed in our block of flats the funding is comming out of the Sinking Fund.

Can I depricate the insulation or claim part of the expanse even thought its been paid for through the sinking fund?

This is on my PPOR, which I plan to turn into an IP in 12 months.

Edit: Ahh crap.. I thot I had posted this in the Tax Discussion..... moderators feel free to move this.

Probably too late to consider this, but are you sure you/ the body corporate want to get that type of insulation? I have found that it causes all sorts of problems with our electrical wiring in the roof - (lights blow very quickly, smoke coming from light sockets etc), and it's very messy if you need to get up into the roof.
It was here when we bought this place, and I would never voluntarily get it - i would definitely go for insulating bats.

Pen

Im with Pen on this.
It come through the vents and if the wind can get in, it will get blown around
and create a real mess.
Never again will I get the blow in insulation.

Madmurf

I take it Sparkies hate doing work in the roof with blow wool?

Has anyone come accross sparkies that will refuse to work in a roof that has insulation?

Quick Note: Insulation was installed on Saturday, it was the spray in stuff.

Noticible heat decipatation, and rooms don't seem so stuffy after a day of closed windows.

Definately sleeping better at nite now. :)

I asked the tradies about the downlight and exhaust fan installatino after the insualtion has been sprayed in roof, part of Cool or Cosy's after service include free servicing to install a smll inclosure around the downlight/fan.

I'm happy with it at the momment

"a small inclosure"
you will probably find it is just a small box, with the bottom cut out.

just being politically correct ;)

Back