Question regarding to Strata Repairs

Hi guys,

I purchased a townhouse in St Marys NSW late last year. On the settlement day i have discovered that there is apart of the wooden fence between my lot and the common parking lot to have fallen over which requires to be repaired:eek:. Within the Strata report i've purchased prior to purchasing the property did state that the fence is due to be repaired or replaced hence i went though with the purchase of the property. The fallen over wooden fence is about 1 metre wide and can be clearly seen from the car park area which makes my back yard vulnerable to break and enter. I have called and notified the Strata Management in regards to this issue since late November and they still havent got back to me after calling them 6 times in regards to the matter.:mad::mad:

Every time i call and ask to speak with the strata manager its always his assistant that answers and just takes down my detail but i never hear from them back:mad:. What else i can do in this situation as this has been going on for months and i would like to have this issue resolved.

Your feedback would be gladly appreciated:)

The stata management works to the direction of the executive of the body corporate. Write to the secretary of the BC to request that the fence be repaired. The time for petty excuses like Xmas has passed.

Venomcm, don't pay your next bill. I'm sure they'll be much more amenable to a chat then! It can be difficult to get contact numbers for people on the executive committee if the body corp won't even talk to you. Is there an AGM coming up? Can you drop in to the body corp office? Do you know another person in the complex to tell you who is on the executive committee? We are getting a new fence built in one of our complexes. The next door neighbour's body corp wouldn't speak to us. (been going on for years). We're just going to send them half the bill when it comes in.

1. Always pay your levies.

2. Keep a communication log of when and how you are trying to communicate with the strata managers. All future correspondence should be emails so you have written proof.

3. Lodge a formal complaint with the licensee of the agency and NSW Department of Fair Trading.

4. Advise other owners of your actions.

Put your request in writing to the secretary of the body chirp admin.

Notify the body corp that you want the matter put on the agenda for the next body corp meeting.

Attend the next body corp meeting.
Marg

1. Always pay your levies.

2. Keep a communication log of when and how you are trying to communicate with the strata managers. All future correspondence should be emails so you have written proof.

3. Lodge a formal complaint with the licensee of the agency and NSW Department of Fair Trading.

4. Advise other owners of your actions.

Agree. There is no link between the issue and levies. I'd take it one step further and advise the managers in writing of your intentions. Emails are "in writing". Give them a reasonable time to act, say 14 days, and then if the matter is not resolved lodge complaints. If the manager knows that you will proceed it may act as a spur to action.

I lodged such a complaint in relation to a non-property matter today, and depending on how this first complaint goes, there are about three other agencies who can look into the matter. The fines that the other agencies must apply (set down in legislation) are significant and will probably bankrupt the entity. After over a year of dispute my patience is at an end.

Thank you very much for all your feedback, im new to owning a property and your information has been of great help. I will get to work this weekend to notify the secretary of body coporate.

The agenda has been previously metioned in the AGM, as i have the copy of the strata report which included this.

Yea over all it has just been frustrating for me to get onto someone who would just aknowledge my request. But you guys have helped me and lead me into the right direction.

Thank you all

venomcn

Back