Questions to ask an agent

Hi All

I have just finished creating the second part of my business www.purepropertysales.com.au

We have just hired a sales agent who has no listings due to only just launching today.

we have a section of our site for FAQ and would like your help to fill this section.

as a buyer/seller what questions have you asked?

basically i would like to hand my new sales agent a list of questions and get him to write responses to give him some work until he is to busy selling.

Especially questions regarding commission. or any feedback on our services would be great.

thanks for any help.

Although I don't think it's correct you're going to constantly come up against...

"What motivation is there for you to get the best possible price for my place when you see no extra financial benefit?

It's also what competitors will use against you.

Although I don't think it's correct you're going to constantly come up against...

"What motivation is there for you to get the best possible price for my place when you see no extra financial benefit?

It's also what competitors will use against you.
when I was selling and was going up against go gecko that was the point I had to push to compete with them.

Our model is a little different and I wanted to get the best sales agents working for Pure Sales.

The reason I open pure sales was due to the number of owners on our rent role that have sold their property in the past 12 months.

When looking at the numbers I gave away just under 200K in commission to outside agents in the past 12 month 9% of my owners decided to sell last year.

Out of the 9% none of the buyers that were investors seen my brand or new about my flat property management fees. (my core business)

So I decided to start a sales business to sell the above 9% to help market my rental business.

The flat fees of 6K was worked out from the last 10 sales I made working for a large branded office

and I’m happy to share them with you how I come up with this numbers and why I think agents will want to work for my model + get the maximum price for the owners.

Sale Price $400000 $310000 $320000 $450000 $460000 $650000 $520000 $400000 $420000 $216,000

total com 9718.5 7626 7858.5 10881 11113.5 15531 12508.5 9718.5 10183.5 5440.5
My com 4859.25 3813 3929.25 5440.5 5556.75 7765.5 6254.25 4859.25 5091.75 2720.3

Average $5028.975

When I was selling I was on a 50% split of 93% of the total commission with my agency. So the above shows my last 10 sales and my average commission over the 10 sales was $5028.97

We pay our agents 5K per sale and 1K goes to marketing and running costs. As the business owner I am not looking to make money out of the sales business but using it as a tool to growing Pure Rentals.

For my agents it allows them to concentrate on getting the maximum price for you as they don’t have to worry about the cold calls or marketing they need to get to get the next listing.

One of the reasons I got out of sales was due to how much time I had to spend prospecting to get listings. + my boss wanting me to get marketing money to help promote his business and get me more listings.

The flat fee and the sales from pure rentals means my agents can spend more quality time selling and less time prospecting.

Explained better here http://purepropertysales.com.au/90-selling-10-prospecting/

Agents are very competitive and if they are not trying to break records in their area and get the maximum for their owners they will not last long especially now when it’s so easy to get information on the value of your home.

We also only do open listings so if the owner are not happy with our service it’s easy to change.

Thanks may have to put some of this onto the Site

when I was selling and was going up against go gecko that was the point I had to push to compete with them.

Our model is a little different and I wanted to get the best sales agents working for Pure Sales.

The reason I open pure sales was due to the number of owners on our rent role that have sold their property in the past 12 months.

When looking at the numbers I gave away just under 200K in commission to outside agents in the past 12 month 9% of my owners decided to sell last year.

Out of the 9% none of the buyers that were investors seen my brand or new about my flat property management fees. (my core business)

So I decided to start a sales business to sell the above 9% to help market my rental business.

The flat fees of 6K was worked out from the last 10 sales I made working for a large branded office

and I’m happy to share them with you how I come up with this numbers and why I think agents will want to work for my model + get the maximum price for the owners.

Sale Price $400000 $310000 $320000 $450000 $460000 $650000 $520000 $400000 $420000 $216,000

total com 9718.5 7626 7858.5 10881 11113.5 15531 12508.5 9718.5 10183.5 5440.5
My com 4859.25 3813 3929.25 5440.5 5556.75 7765.5 6254.25 4859.25 5091.75 2720.3

Average $5028.975

When I was selling I was on a 50% split of 93% of the total commission with my agency. So the above shows my last 10 sales and my average commission over the 10 sales was $5028.97

We pay our agents 5K per sale and 1K goes to marketing and running costs. As the business owner I am not looking to make money out of the sales business but using it as a tool to growing Pure Rentals.

For my agents it allows them to concentrate on getting the maximum price for you as they don’t have to worry about the cold calls or marketing they need to get to get the next listing.

One of the reasons I got out of sales was due to how much time I had to spend prospecting to get listings. + my boss wanting me to get marketing money to help promote his business and get me more listings.

The flat fee and the sales from pure rentals means my agents can spend more quality time selling and less time prospecting.

Explained better here http://purepropertysales.com.au/90-selling-10-prospecting/

Agents are very competitive and if they are not trying to break records in their area and get the maximum for their owners they will not last long especially now when it’s so easy to get information on the value of your home.

We also only do open listings so if the owner are not happy with our service it’s easy to change.

Thanks may have to put some of this onto the Site

As a seller I would be worried you talk owner occupiers out wanting to buy my property, as tou money will be there for years to come if you manage to sell to an investor.
Getting best price would not be in your best interest because you get $6k then nothing else, where as sell to an investor you get the $6k plus $1200 p.a for managing the investment, as a result you would become an investors favourite agent, do deals help them out because they are your bread and butter. Your reputation among sellers may shjow you get fast results because of your database of cliets etc etc., what peple will have see through is the fact you would not be getting premiuim prices unless you applied some moral and ethical code that every other agent seems unable to follow.

WOOOOOOOOOOO I'm Ric Flair

As a seller I would be worried you talk owner occupiers out wanting to buy my property, as tou money will be there for years to come if you manage to sell to an investor.
Getting best price would not be in your best interest because you get $6k then nothing else, where as sell to an investor you get the $6k plus $1200 p.a for managing the investment, as a result you would become an investors favourite agent, do deals help them out because they are your bread and butter. Your reputation among sellers may shjow you get fast results because of your database of cliets etc etc., what peple will have see through is the fact you would not be getting premiuim prices unless you applied some moral and ethical code that every other agent seems unable to follow.

WOOOOOOOOOOO I'm Ric Flair

good point i never thought of it in this way. (not the way my brain works)

we would be happy to sell to owners.

we currently have our first property for sale at the moment Chester st

in 2 weeks we have had 20 groups inspect 9 of them investors that either have investment properties or are looking to buy. our property management department have picked up 2 new listings from the investors and have 2 offers both from owner that we are currently dealing with.

in the end we work for the owner and we want to do the best by them.

also my sales agents only make money from the sale not the rentals so they will not have this problem.

but good point and thanks for the input.

good point i never thought of it in this way. (not the way my brain works)

we would be happy to sell to owners.

we currently have our first property for sale at the moment Chester st

in 2 weeks we have had 20 groups inspect 9 of them investors that either have investment properties or are looking to buy. our p.
It would be a tight real estate sales market in that area,there would be several longterm highly skilled working those areas,and chester street is a quite inner city street..imho..

It would be a tight real estate sales market in that area,there would be several longterm highly skilled working those areas,and chester street is a quite inner city street..imho..

agree it is a tough area and our agents will work remotely so work over a large area of Brisbane.

we have just poached a Place Agent and looking at a couple of Ray white agents now. believe it or not what we pay and the way we work it works out better for the agents.

when i sit down with sales agents that i want to work with I ask them at the to go away and look at the last 10 sales they have made and what commission they have made. to compared to what we offer.

and them talk to them about the amount of prospecting they needed to do to get that number of listing/sales

we have only offered 2 agents work so far but not having any issues getting good sales agents working for our brand so far.

Being picky, but get a faster web host. The site took ages to load and pics load very slow.

Web marketing 101: If the page hasnt loaded within 10 seconds, people will move on.

Back