Quicken for Mac

'Evening All,

Just been checking reviews on cnet.com for Quicken Essentials for Mac.......man has that product copped a pounding from some very unhappy campers. Don't think Intuit will be getting too many sales based on any of those reviews :eek:

I know it's possible to do a VM arrangement to keep using my windows based Quicken on my MacBook Pro, but I haven't progressed this option.

I would like to know if anyone has tried the Quicken Essentials software and would be happy to provide feedback.

I've been using Quicken since 1996 and have a degree of trepidation in changing products this far down the track.

Have considered starting all over from scratch by setting up my record keeping in excel, but seriously do not have the wherewithal to do so presently......mind is busy on other matters.

***Have trawled through various threads on software etc, but couldn't find much on Mac based products.

Cheers,

Ian.

I concur with you Ian.

I like my quicken and do use it via VM thru Parallels software on the iMac. Its seemless once you get used to it and my version of Quicken is now over 10 years old. Works very well. Only thing is, If I want to upgrade the Mac then I will have to upgrade Parallels as well but at $60 it's no biggie.

The Quicken software was a one off cost of buggerall as opposed to what youm are proposing to use.

Just keep backing up each time you use it to at least 2 different places, I use an external HD and to a folder on the desktop on the iMac.

I should be backing up to another drive, maybe a USB stick or something just to be sure to be sure to be sure.:D

PS: Using Parallels you will need a Windows lic number and CD

Back