Quiggles US Journey

Does anyone know what happened to this forum member, he posted a huge thread around 2004?? on his USA property buying Trip, have a search, very interesting.

I would love to know how it all panned out for him, hope he made pots of money.

He was purchasing in Buffalo, he was financing deals from what I can see but interesting is he was purchasing prior to the US Crash in 2006/7. Wonder if he survived it all, lots of Aussies got burnt buying in this area, perhaps he moved on to other areas.

Anyway, back to my original question, anyone know what happened to him??

Thanks
MTR:)

Hi MTR - I've been wondering about quiggles as well. I almost bought a couple of properties in buffalo recommended by him back ca. 2005 I think. I'm really glad I didn't go through with those purchases. Wrong area, neighbourhoods, US exchange etc etc... So glad waited for the timing in Atlanta in 2011/12/13.

Yes, I hear you Oscar.

I think the timing for Quiggles may have been totally wrong for USA, imagine buying in 2005 and then the market crashing in 2007.

I also read a number of horror stories where foreign investors got stuck with inferior properties in this area, could not give them away.

Perhaps that is why there was so much negativity when we were buying in 2011/12, I understand this as there were certainly risks regardless.

I think the icing on the cake now is really the currency play.

MTR:)

The thing is that the properties that he published were always substandard properties with high maintenance costs so irrelevant of the USD - AUD or market crash etc they were always going to be a bad investment.

Cheers

Back