Quotes That Inspire & Motivate You

Hi Team,
It's not that often that I start threads but thought I'd kick one off. Don't know where the mods will move this to but I'll leave it up to them. For a few years now I've collected quotes from people famous and not-so-famous. Some of them inspire me, some motivate me & some just get me thinking about what is really important to me. I'll kick off with a few of my favourites & would love for forumites to please add any of yours. I know many of you have absolute classics in your sign-off messages (READ: Jamie) so feel free to add to this.

1. Its amazing what can be accomplished when no-one cares who gets the credit.
2. Ambition is enthusiasm with a purpose.
3. Think big, act big, dream big, believe big and the results will be big.
4. There are no impossible dreams, only our limited perception of what is possible.
5. Never beg for that which you have the power to earn.
6. Winners make it happen, losers let it happen.
7. If you do what you always did, you'll get what you always got.
8. Accomplishment & success are often the result of commitment & perseverance rather than skill & talent.
9. Once the game is over, the king & the pawn go back in the same box.
10. Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
11. Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.

... and my three favourites
12. Those who try to do something & fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing & succeed.
13. The highest reward for a persons toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it.
14. Bite off more than you can chew & chew like hell.

JIM

When you hear something,you will forget it.
When you see something,you will remember it.
But not until you do something,will you understand it.
willair.

Plan the work, then work the plan.
Find out who owns the problem, and give it to them.
The harder I work the luckier I get.
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like nobody's watching.
Live right, have faith and the cosmos delivers.

Richard Branson

MARK, as I am a huge fan of R Branson, I go for the caption/or whatever it is referred to on your message. What do you think?

Hey JJJ,

I've been the same for the last few years, 2 of my favourites are:

Only as high as I reach can I grow,
Only as far as I seek can I go,
Only as deep as I look can I see,
Only as much as I dream can I be,

AND

If you're bragging about what you did last week, you've done nothing this week.

Quotes

Northerner said:
Only as high as I reach can I grow,
Only as far as I seek can I go,
Only as deep as I look can I see,
Only as much as I dream can I be,

Northerner,
That is brilliant, thank you.
JIM

This is techincally not a saying nor a quote but actually from an Addias print commercial, however, I really am drawn to this statement. It sits on my desk next to a lovely photo of a new SLK350 Mercedes.:cool:

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in a world they've been given than to explore the power that they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. Its an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. Its a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary.

Hello buzz that is awesome -

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
- Antoine de Saint Exupery

BOO said:
MARK, as I am a huge fan of R Branson, I go for the caption/or whatever it is referred to on your message. What do you think?

I dunno, I got it from his autobiography and thought it was pretty cool. Ever seen a picture of the guy not smiling? I haven't.

Mark

For several years now I have read mostly non fiction. Lots of property related stuff, motivational and inspirational stuff. But recently I picked up my daughter's Harry Potter book and have now read a few of them.

My quote is from one of those books.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
JK Rowling

IMHO it is no wonder JKR is making so much money.

Cheers
Julie

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
Fortune Favours the Bold

"He fools you every time he races. He has the body language of a loser and a heart as big as the Nullarbor. He invariably looks to be struggling, a shambles of a horse blundering around on memory while his jockey pumps and blusters. Then he gets going. One instant Northerly looks beaten, the next he looks unbeatable. The closer he gets to the post, the harder he tries. He grinds on. And on. And on. He simply refuses to be beaten."

makes me cry every time i read it....:)

I heard a Quote from a work collegue many years ago - today I'm still trying to work it out ;)

"Theres more ways to skin a cat than choke its a*ss with margarine."

What that??

"Motivation is like food for the brain. You can not get enough in one sitting. It needs continual and regular refills" - Peter Davies.

"Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - Winston Churchill

"Opportunities is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Alva edison

I've always taken an interest in the quotes that forumites have in their signatures.

Each quote is obviously chosen for a reason. That the member chose it in the first place tells you alot about who they are.

How you react to it tells you alot about who you are.

Mark

Pitt St said:
Each quote is obviously chosen for a reason. That the member chose it in the first place tells you alot about who they are.
How you react to it tells you alot about who you are.
Mark

Mark,
I couldn't agree more mate.
JIM

Back