R Codes battle axe

I am currently getting my head around the WA R codes and just wanted to ask

the min lot area/ rear battle axe : Does the min area include the driveway to get to the block that is purely for that blocks use?

And another question: A corner block that may be r15/25 can that be upgraded to R30 as it is a corner block?

the min lot area/ rear battle axe : Does the min area include the driveway to get to the block that is purely for that blocks use?

And another question: A corner block that may be r15/25 can that be upgraded to R30 as it is a corner block?

You can not upgrade the zoning on a corner block your self. Some councils will have in their town planning schemes a density bonus (with conditions) so you will need to search the council of interests tps.

Haha yes I get that! As much as I would like to upgrade all of our blocks...yes I heard that there was a density bonus and when I spoke to the council 3 years ago they said that my IP corner block would qualify for r30 but I wasnt sure if things had changed as I couldnt find anything on this.

Battle axe blocks: does the driveway get included in the min rear battle axe area?

Yes for battle axe rules it includes the driveway.

No you can't apply another code for a block unless the council has a specific policy that states it can.

FOR CORNER BONUS'S = City of Armadale and City of Belmont are the only two i am aware of, who have in their policy's to give a Density Bonus, effectively upgrading the highest RCode attached to that block for corner sites.

MIN LOT AREA BATTLE AXE - Dont worry too much about it. If you are doing a rear / battleaxe sub division in either of the councils mentioned above you should probably do a strata, survey strata or built strata, and these are alot cheaper to complete and will not affect the resale price of what you are creating at all.

Only time to do a Green Title Battle Axe - and then you will have to meet the minimum Battle Axe lot size - which includes the driveway - but the driveway can not be over 20% of the total block size is in Blue chip eastern suburb of Perth, where buyers will pay a premium for Green Title Blocks.

Attachments

• 2013 - R-Codes - GENERAL SITE REQUIREMENTS.pdf
    219.1 KB · Views: 107
FOR CORNER BONUS'S = City of Armadale and City of Belmont are the only two i am aware of, who have in their policy's to give a Density Bonus, effectively upgrading the highest RCode attached to that block for corner sites.

MIN LOT AREA BATTLE AXE - Dont worry too much about it. If you are doing a rear / battleaxe sub division in either of the councils mentioned above you should probably do a strata, survey strata or built strata, and these are alot cheaper to complete and will not affect the resale price of what you are creating at all.

Only time to do a Green Title Battle Axe - and then you will have to meet the minimum Battle Axe lot size - which includes the driveway - but the driveway can not be over 20% of the total block size is in Blue chip eastern suburb of Perth, where buyers will pay a premium for Green Title Blocks.

Yep, the property is in the Armadale however I think for that one im not going to bother with subdviding at all..have done the figures and if I put a granny flat on it it will be over 20% yielding property...

however I am looking to find a dev block with house in the "proposed new zoning areas" NOR..

so is a strata what they describe as a 'grouped dwelling"

got it sorry..

What is the difference between a grouped dwelling and a multiple
dwelling?

A grouped dwelling is defined as ?A dwelling that is one of a group of two or
more dwellings on the same lot such that no dwelling is placed wholly or partly
vertically above the other, except where special conditions of landscape or
topography dictate otherwise, and includes a dwelling on a survey strata with
common property.? A multiple dwelling is defined as ?A dwelling in a group of
more than one dwelling on a lot where any part of a dwelling is vertically
above part of any other but:
 Does not include a grouped dwelling: and
 Includes any dwellings above the ground floor in a mixed use
development?
Generally speaking varieties of the grouped dwelling type are commonly
referred to as a duplex?s villas or townhouses while multiple dwellings are
often called flats, apartments or units.

The easiest an non-technical definition is:
Group Dwelling: the dwellings are separated by walls to the horizontal. i.e. villa & town house
Multiple Dwelling: the dwellings are separated by ceiling to the vertical. i.e. apartment

Back