r codes

Question 1

If a property in Perth is located on a 753m and is zoned r 30 does that make it a duplex block?

Question 2

Where can I find information on the r codes - for example, which suburbs have what zoning and what size dwellings can be built on a block of land?

Thanks in anticipation

Hetch

Not sure on the coding myself, but the simplest thing to do would be to call up the local council.

Ask to speak to the town planner. Unless you've caught them at a truly bad time, they'll be happy to tell you what hte rules and regs are.

Ask if they have a booklet or the regs avaialbe. Some councils have these online nowadays.

Jas

Originally posted by Hetch
Question 1

If a property in Perth is located on a 753m and is zoned r 30 does that make it a duplex block?

Question 2

Where can I find information on the r codes - for example, which suburbs have what zoning and what size dwellings can be built on a block of land?

Q1
For an R30 block each unit must have a minimum site area of 270m2 and an average of 300m2, so yes you could probably put 2 units on it. There are a lot of other requirements to comply with and you can't always get the theoretical max no of units but this should be ok.

Q2 Download the RCodes from http://www.wapc.wa.gov.au/cgi-bin/index.cgi?page=/publications/rcodes/index.html

Have a look at Table 1 (page 111)

The councils have maps showing the zonings, some will tell you over the phone, others require it in writing, also check out their Town Planning Schemes.

Regards
Kim Heaver
Building Designer

Back