R/E agents online listings and lack of relevant photos

So I get those real estate . com alerts for an area I like to keep my eye on. This morning a new property turns up and there was 8 photos. 6 were location shots, one was the backyard and just one was of the inside of the house (the living room). No external shots, no kitchen, no bedroom shots. WT!! The house is obviuisly a dump but why market it like this? Time wasting IMO.

I was so annoyed at the lack of relevant photos I left a "please stop wasting my time" comment in the "email the agent" part.

Then she rings me all annoyed. It's a great cottage etc etc, already people interested. Unbelievable....

Am I jaded or am I right in saying the agent is not doing herself any favours marketing the property like this?

Haha - I was sent one the other day (knew the property) where they didn't even have a photo of the property - or the sensational view from the property.

There were 6 location shots tho.

My pet hates - when the photos are poor, they don't give the address of the place, the price is listed as 'vendor wants offers'. Bit hard to know what to offer when you don't even know the address....

Then to top it off the response from an agent yesterday to an 'address please' enquiry (ad displayed all the above) is an email asking for my phone number! :eek: :(

Yes, it's extremely annoying. I ask the agent to take more photo's and get them to email them to me. What is annoying me more though is those stretched photo's. When you are trying to buy sight unseen/interstate they are just rediculous.

Yep.

I'm back in the hunt now and I am sick to death of an ad having 8 photos.

2 of them are of the back garden and then there are 6 "location shots".

I don't care about the photo of coffee pouring that you got online. It has no relevance at all to the property.

Agreed hate it.

Looking at property in QLD, asked some info from the agent.

- asking price (as wasnt advertised)
- asked what the tenants are paying in rent (mention in ad that was tenants and they want to stay on)

response from real estate agent was....
'are you wanting to inspect the property?'

How about answer my questions and we can see if it worth while inspecting.
She knew I was interest and purchase was for investment.
Obviously the sale price and current return could play a big part in my interest in the property!

There is one agent in particular in the area we have recently been looking that does it. They usually only have about 5-6 photos and you'd be lucky to get one shot of inside the house. Doesn't really entice me to want to make the time to go and look at it.

So I get those real estate . com alerts for an area I like to keep my eye on. This morning a new property turns up and there was 8 photos. 6 were location shots, one was the backyard and just one was of the inside of the house (the living room). No external shots, no kitchen, no bedroom shots. WT!! The house is obviuisly a dump but why market it like this? Time wasting IMO.

I was so annoyed at the lack of relevant photos I left a "please stop wasting my time" comment in the "email the agent" part.

Then she rings me all annoyed. It's a great cottage etc etc, already people interested. Unbelievable....

Am I jaded or am I right in saying the agent is not doing herself any favours marketing the property like this?

I also get annoyed with the lack of useful photos. It's annoying when you find new realestate.com.au deals that only have 1 photo and its an external shot. What's worse is when they don't give you any photo at all - and in those cases, you really know that it must be bad.

Nonetheless, there are rare occasions when agents do a rush job, so they only get 1 or no photo, but the property itself is a winner.

I agree that some real estate agents could improve their marketing by simply taking better shots, but I guess some feel that it wastes their time to do so (especially if buyers contact them regardless).

In situations where property ads only have 1 or a few photos, I also like to check out Google Maps, and do a street view of the address. You could do this too to get a variety of views of the place without actually visiting the property.

I also get annoyed with the lack of useful photos. It's annoying when you find new realestate.com.au deals that only have 1 photo and its an external shot. What's worse is when they don't give you any photo at all - and in those cases, you really know that it must be bad.

Nonetheless, there are rare occasions when agents do a rush job, so they only get 1 or no photo, but the property itself is a winner.

I agree that some real estate agents could improve their marketing by simply taking better shots, but I guess some feel that it wastes their time to do so (especially if buyers contact them regardless).

In situations where property ads only have 1 or a few photos, I also like to check out Google Maps, and do a street view of the address. You could do this too to get a variety of views of the place without actually visiting the property.

Problem with google maps though it is so outdated in many areas:(

Back