R25 Zoning - 2 survey strata lots

Thanks, and yes Joel from Land Division has been very good.

An update on this project -

Will be demolishing the house next week. Neighbours have been advised.

Received documentation pertaining to strata which now needs to go to the bank to sign off on.

Bank valuations were organised 1 month or so ago on the 2 blocks and they were much higher than expected. The only issue is all this paperwork/red tape so time consuming.

Joel, surveyor said I saved about 6 weeks in time by getting them to re peg early so they could continue to proceed with their stuff ie meeting the WA Planning conditions. Time is money (holding costs). Only problem is if the demo crew run over the pegs then I am up for $400 to re peg, better $1800 (holding costs) per month I guess.

Have organised a fencing contractor and once the house is demolished fencing goes up and on the market, sales will of course be subject to issue of title.

I have organised a couple of house designed from Ventura (no cost) as part of the sales pitch, at least this way potential buyers can visualise what will fit on the block.

Blocks have been flying out the door and my point of difference is that the blocks are large enough 400 sqm so no need to build a double storey, and frontages are larger than the norm.

I do not yet have the final figures but I would say head works, demolishing etc for this project will come in at around $50,000.

Time frame - settled on 20 May 2014 (rented back to seller 6 month lease)
Titles should be ready by December/January 2015
Approximately 8 months turn around

Side issue and interesting element to this project which I was toying with

This house in Kardinya is huge 5 bedrooms and 2 kitchens, needed about $60,000 renovation and could have been converted into 2 rental homes. Its a corner lot, with 2 separate entries. The owner ran out of steam/hard times and did not complete the project and it was very much run down.

So there was another option, renovate and rent out
Configuration would be
2x1 bedroom - $450 per week rent
3x1 bedroom - $550 per week rent

Total costs for this project - purchase price/stamp duty, renovation
$670,000
Rental income pw - $1000 per week.

This would not include organising separate meters.

Anyway its academic now as I made the choice to sell, its not often you come across properties which provide a number of options.

MTR:)

Hi LW
No, decided not to build and sell both the blocks and just move on, take my profit and buy my next deal.

The house currently on the block could be turned into dual occupancy, that is what I meant and it would be cash flow positive, just another option if I was looking at accumulate stock.

I could build on the 2 blocks, however in Perth there is shortage of brickies, I think as I have another 2 projects on the go I would like to turn this over quickly and hopefully buy again in Melbourne or Perth if I can secure something at the right price.

Actually got a phone call from mini diggers today, house to be demolished on Friday.

Anyone looking for a good well priced demolishing company this is the group to do this.

Trouble in Kardinya

Actually got a phone call from mini diggers today, house to be demolished on Friday.

Anyone looking for a good well priced demolishing company this is the group to do this.

I drove upto my street and it had been closed off because the demo crew hit a major gas pipe, the street had to be closed off.

Apparently, you "dial before you dig", the demo guy said that they were advised that the gas pipe was on the verge, however it was on my land, apparently illegal, I have no clue whatsoever??

Anyway, chatting to the demo guy today and he said... "I hope you don't get a bill".... that's a worry. I checked my demo contract nothing that I think will effect me in regards to this.

Still a concern, keep you posted.

Thanks, got it.
I am using the builders/spec plans but not including the name of the builder, this will only be given to buyers who want to view what will fit on the block.

I have concerns about putting together land and house packages as I think it could muddy the water. Also the spec builders have a price point and it may not be conducive to my buyers so I could limit my market?? Not sure, just my thoughts.

Back