Raceview, Queensland property market- Townhouses

I have an investment property (Townhouse) in Raceview and am having trouble selling it. I'm being told that the market has fallen dramatically and that I need to reduce my price. My initial investment was around $340.000 and now I'm being told it is valued around $250.000 to $260.000. My question is, has the market really dropped this much or am I being scammed as I'm interstate.
Cheers

Have a look online to see what comparable properties are selling for.

You don't give enough information for others on here to compare.

Were any clubs etc involved in selling the property to you? Who was the agent and how did you hear about the property in the first place?

Plenty of town houses on domain.com.au as a comparison. Brand new OTP 3/2/1 are selling from $325k just to give you an idea. There are a few 4 bed houses just over $300k and one sub-$300k.

Ever since the internet became the research tool, there has been reduction in two tier marketing but no protection from the fly in/fly out type operators who offer free flights, instant finance/legal advice etc.

Kush62,

I'm active in that area and few adjancent suburbs.
PM the address and the agent and I'll get you some more info.

marks.

I have an investment property (Townhouse) in Raceview and am having trouble selling it. I'm being told that the market has fallen dramatically and that I need to reduce my price. My initial investment was around $340.000 and now I'm being told it is valued around $250.000 to $260.000. My question is, has the market really dropped this much or am I being scammed as I'm interstate.
Cheers
Any luck with the sale Kush62?

Possibly you were scammed at purchase or you bought at the top of the market.

I have made good gains in my properties at Raceview this year.

Why not pay for an independent valuation?

If you pm me I can give you the name of an agent whom I trust.

I have read that the area has good potential and more growth, I am currently looking in the region, Raceview does look like one of the more affordable suburbs.

I even took a drive on google street view and found several residents waving at me - how pleasant.

Is there any undesirable parts of raceview?

Back