Racist Bullying Bosses

Had they been in 'Nam together and the black man felt equal, I would say OK IN PRIVATE. A white guy recently donated a kidney to his black mate from 'Nam. :)

But there is absolutely no way it can be tolerated at work. I am still amazed that some people think that it is.

Edit: Can the black man reply in the same manner? If not, it failed the test.

Can the black man reply in the same manner? If not, it failed the test.

Thanks Sunfish, I think you are right in that regard.

I think this subject can become quite heated, and some people have strong views, and others don't. I didn't mean for it to become a black/white slanging match though.

I imagine that maybe in metropolitan areas in Sydney and Melbourne where it's very multi cultural it may be different, and people might be a bit more tolerant of other peoples differences. Maybe it's just the Gold Coast, where generally I find it's not multicultural at all, that you come across stuff like this.

Had they been in 'Nam together and the black man felt equal, I would say OK IN PRIVATE. A white guy recently donated a kidney to his black mate from 'Nam. :)

But there is absolutely no way it can be tolerated at work. I am still amazed that some people think that it is.

Edit: Can the black man reply in the same manner? If not, it failed the test.

Thank you.

Jaycee -FAR out. PLEASE don't act like that. Quick change your post. If I were a mod I would simply ban you for that rant.

You are not behaving rationally and need to settle down. Quick change your post.

Regards JO

Lucky for me you're not a mod I guess :)

Josko, not as perculiar as you might think.

I had a job at a Call Centre for all of 3 months until I walked out in disgust. Myself and about 4 other women were all constantly bullied by the Supervisor and the Manager every dam day. Well I would classify it as bullying.

The Supervisor would yell across the room and say things like "Are you stupid or something", "Did you leave your brain at home today", "Why are you going to the toilet again, you only went 2 hours ago", "I've already told you that, god, some people are stupid".

Oh and, well don't worry about losing that customer, she's an abo, and probably wouldn't pay her bill anyway", "couldn't understand that customer, well it's not surprising, she's an Abo!"
Maybe nexttime this happens to you stand up and tell the supervisor,you are not felling to well and you can't sleep at night,you worry about your job
you sex life is a dud,and you find it's hard to come to work each day,can't eat ect,because of the way this upstart is acting to keep the numbers up to keep him in a job,go to a GP,who will refer you to Psychologist,wham bam you now have a mental problem,then out of nowhere some kind legal person will hold your hand,i only wish some of my old work mates
would have gone down that road,rather then get the rope out and their family sadly finds them hanging of the back deck..willair..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAIZIPvuKrE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa7M1cRThc4&NR=1

Last edited:
I spose some people have such low self esteem that it makes them feel better if they treat other people like crap. I wasn't prepared to make their problem "my problem" so I just walked out. I made sure the most senior person I could talk to heard my complaints before I left, but I think it fell on deaf ears. Places like Call Centres I would imagine have a very high staff turnover, and management can just replace you with the next compliant robot that happens to come along.

Out of the five days training that we received, four of those days was listening to the company patting itself on the back telling us what a wonderful organisation they were to work for.

Call Centre jobs are just not for me I guess. LOL

calling someone "black" because they have more melatonin in their skin is not racist, it's observation.

calling someone "white" because they have less melatonin in their skin is not racist, either.

example - the term like "white trash" would be just as effective if you removed the word "white", therefore, it's not racist. calling someone "trash" works with just the word, or other words in front of it like "trailer", "hobo", "gutter" etc.

so him calling someone a "black _insert derogatory term here_" is more of a public insult to his character, not his race. given, the term is just as effective without the word "black", but it's more attention grabbing to use it.

maybe he just has an arrogant sense of humour, that others find offensive.

but then, it's his right to offend as much as it is your right to be offended.

LOL, Blue Card, thats a very interesting take on racism you have there.

But I believe you are wrong. Someone doesn't call someone a "black bast*ard" because he is observing the colour of his skin, he is calling him a "black bast*ard to humiliate and insult him because of the colour of his skin, and make him feel like sh*t. Calling someone trash or gutter doesn't have the same humiliation behind it as trying to degrade someone because of their skin colour.

I don't believe in the workplace it is his right to offend someone and make them feel like crap. Why does the workplace make it OK.

I tell you what, if those women at the Call Centre hadn't been in the workplace and had spoken to me like that outside, I would have decked them

every big company has a policy about racism (or any kind of discrimination) and proper paths of escalation. it's in their best interests to resolve this as you can sue them for discrimination.

so those who feel offended need to make a formal complaint, and their issue will be dealt with properly.

fuming to your supervisor just before you leave does not count as a formal complaint, so no wonder it fell on their deaf ears

strannick, yep I know that, didn't really care though, I got it off my chest.

I spose the person has to want to escalate the complaint, I feel though, that they won't

I would consider reporting it if it is large corporate as they have a lot to lose.

But smaller companies or familty companies it could be an issue....

I don't think this is acceptable behaviour....pretty disgusting....

queen bee are you an employee of this company?

its sounds like bullying and racist behavior from what you have described.

even if the person to whom these remarks are targeted is not going to take action, you can, because you are/have been offended and disturbed by this inappropriate behavior.

if it is a large company there will be policies and practices in place for this type of scenario.

it is my understanding complaints are treated in confidence and must be followed up.

it is a serious issue and has no place in contemporary business practice.

once action is taken this type of behavior will become less common in the workplace.
good luck.

Back