Rainwater suppl

I just noticed that, as I have a rainwater tank, and a lot of leaves and tree sap from the trees next door, that the water supplying the toilet flushes brown. (lots of rain last night)

Is this something that I should rectify prior to tenants moving in?

I'm worried if the supply for the laundry machine is connected to rainwater, it will stain tenants clothes . Will need to check my basix report to see where it connects to though

Does the roof/guttering collecting the water have leaf guards to minimise the leaf debris?

You should also check if you have a first flush system which diverts the first of the rainwater as it collects. These should limit the amount of tannins which enter the system.

I have put in leaf guards however they only collect the larger leaves and branches.
The trees seem to drop these thing seed like things that collect in the gutter.

I'm not sure if I have a first flush system. Even so, I don't know if it would make much of a difference as I have so many deposits.

I found out yesterday that I can bypass the tank water by turning the power off at the pump. If I do this and the tank water is full, Would it overflow?

I have put in leaf guards however they only collect the larger leaves and branches.
The trees seem to drop these thing seed like things that collect in the gutter.

I'm not sure if I have a first flush system. Even so, I don't know if it would make much of a difference as I have so many deposits.

I found out yesterday that I can bypass the tank water by turning the power off at the pump. If I do this and the tank water is full, Would it overflow?

Depends.

We have a tank plumped into our toilet and washing machine, however when it rains heavily and the tank fills up any overflow spills over into another pipe on the side which is plumped into the stormwater drains. Without that pipe our tank would fill up and flow out the top.

Back