Random Act of Kindness

So I went to a function last night. Great movie, guest speaker, vegetarian feed and a meditation.

They meet every two months and each time they tape an envelope with $50 under a seat. The lucky person has to then use it on a Random Act of Kindness then report back to the following meeting.

We had two people report in. One spent the time agonising over who deserved it and who didn't and what would be a suitable thing to do. She ended gave it to a nice older man on the beg with his grandkids on the day she had to report in. The second just donated it to Amnesty International on the day after she was given it.

So I ended up in the right/wrong seat and now I got to do something with this money then stand up and give a speech about it.

Rather than donate it to charity or present it to a stranger what else could I do? Can anyone come up with something really special that I can do and talk about?

I would have thought the whole point is for YOU to come up with an idea. That would make the act more sincere, and the speech have more value. It can't be that hard, as you say in previous posts - you have a lot of time on your hands.

^^^^nice idea.
If it were me, I'd like to stand on the corner with a Christmas bell and a Santa hat and hand out chockies to oldies and kids.
Or go to a nursing home or two, shake everyone's hand and give them a new hanky...or biscuits...or a Christmas decoration. Definitely something with a personal touch. That's what people need.

Pay 1 week of the negative gearing shortfall on a house and say that you accommodated a less fortunate person.

You could log into Kiva Loans, provide 2x loans, and when repaid re-lend the money.

It is completely random, as you really don't know the people gaining from this, and the random act "keeps on giving".

Blacky

I like Painter's and WattleIdo's suggestions.

In Ikea's restaurant, if the people ahead of us don't have a coffee card, we allow them to use one of ours..then show them how to get their own.

Same with 'stickers' or kid 'animal card collectables' at the supermarket.
If the person ahead of us is collecting, we tell them if they wait a minute, they can have ours too.

Doesn't cost anything...and it makes them soooo happy.

Same with 'stickers' or kid 'animal card collectables' at the supermarket.
If the person ahead of us is collecting, we tell them if they wait a minute, they can have ours too.

Doesn't cost anything...and it makes them soooo happy.

But don't you have to spend over $10 to get a card? :p

Someone was on here a while ago banging on about marine rescue not have enough funds. I would donate it there and talk about what they do, some examples of rescues and the challenges of funding.

So I went to a function last night. Great movie, guest speaker, vegetarian feed and a meditation.

They meet every two months and each time they tape an envelope with $50 under a seat. The lucky person has to then use it on a Random Act of Kindness then report back to the following meeting.

We had two people report in. One spent the time agonising over who deserved it and who didn't and what would be a suitable thing to do. She ended gave it to a nice older man on the beg with his grandkids on the day she had to report in. The second just donated it to Amnesty International on the day after she was given it.

So I ended up in the right/wrong seat and now I got to do something with this money then stand up and give a speech about it.

Rather than donate it to charity or present it to a stranger what else could I do? Can anyone come up with something really special that I can do and talk about?

Does not have to be a test for originality to find an idea,just find a local park where the homeless sleep, go in early just before sunrise just before all the good people come to give away the free food away and find someone who you can see needs that money more then anyone else just like ice and water they are both the same only difference is one if frozen..

Take it back next week and tape it under another chair - think of the compounding effect. The next week there will be 2 persons giving the speech...

Or go to a nursing home or two, shake everyone's hand and give them a new hanky...or biscuits...or a Christmas decoration. Definitely something with a personal touch. That's what people need.
I like this. Perhaps buy them some Christmas decorations or something more enduring for them all to enjoy.

You could log into Kiva Loans, provide 2x loans, and when repaid re-lend the money.

Blacky
For me this is the winner.

Someone was on here a while ago banging on about marine rescue not have enough funds. I would donate it there and talk about what they do, some examples of rescues and the challenges of funding.
Love it!

there is a family in mernda, who have 3 kids,,,22 19 and 17. Her husband has had to stop work to help support the 2 children and they are struggling.......why?

Their two kids 22 and 17 have cancer and will be lucky to make it to christmas....herd it on the radio and listened to her....and had tears ...very sad and ppl donated to that , rasied $30K in 30 mins...id donate it to that....

Back