Rat or Possum

Hi All,

I could hear some noise in my roof (in my dining area). I am thinking its rat or a possum

Quickly went down to Bunnings and got a 'Advanced Pest Repeller'. It has ultrasonic and electromagnetic feature which should drive pests away from home. Has anybody used it before?

you just have to plug it into power socket and it will operate constantly once unit is plugged in. It produces some noise which humans cannot hear but rodents hate it and start to go away.

I was thinking of getting baits and throwing them in the roof, however I am concerned that if its a rat and it dies in the roof, it would stink and might spread diseases. (so I want to drive them out rather than kill them)

I dont think its a possum, however i have kept a big industrial torch in the room which has been turned on, because possums dont like light and hopefully it should drive it away.

Any suggesstions as to what I should do to get rid of this problem?

Has anyone got pest control done specially for this problem? Is it useful , how does it work?

Regards,
TV

Visit your local Coles/Woolies, pick up some rat poison (wax blocks are good).

Spread them around the roof space & replace them after a few days until the action disappears.

Hi All,

Yep I was thinking about that, however I cannot imagine the smell of dead rat (it would stink horribly specially on a sunny day with temp 30+)

Any other ideas?

Has anyone got exp with the Advanced Pest Repeller (electromagnetic and ultra sound), just bought it from Bunnings yesterday for 40$, have plugged it into the wall socket, but could still hear noise this morning

Regards,
TV

Looks like it doesn't work then...I had one a few years ago and threw it as far as I could after a week as the pests got worse....:eek:

The smell is not that bad and usually they go outside to die anyway.

Get up into the roof space and set some rat traps.
I just set them all around the manhole so you just pop your head in to check.

We did that in early winter and got many mice + a rat.
We also poisoned and the ceiling is nice and quiet now.

Mind you we did have a mini plague at the time.

Only other thing you could do is send the cat up there.
I had thoughts of sending the dog up (Jack Russell) but...well....it would be havoc to say the least....would've been funny too until the damage is assessed.

Good luck!

call pete the possum man.

do you have holes where possums can get in? does the noise start up on sundown as they set out on their nightly adventures and happen again at sun up as they return? - if so possums.

Back