Rates on hold but warning shot to lenders?

i read that just to mean that they arent blindly ignoring independent rises but need to factor it into what rises they make in future - not that its a warning to lenders not to rise independently?

I agree

" Lenders have generally raised rates a little more than the cash rate over recent months and most loan rates have risen by close to a percentage point. Since information about the early impact of those changes is still limited, the Board judged it appropriate to hold a steady setting of monetary policy for the time being."

However I think it is worth noting that is something that they are monitoring.

I wonder how all those lenders are feeling after spending up big on getting marketing material together about 'only' passing on rate increase and nothing more - there could be a lot of posters in the bins behind NAB branches tomorrow, well according to the rumours anyhow...

Jane

IMO [the RBA] is seeing what funding pressures banks are really under and if their rate rises are legit.

Last edited:
Sheez, what sort of signal is the RBA sending out to future homebuyers by not raising rates by at least 25 points?

As if OFI's weren't bad enough already...

Personally, I am happy the rates are staying low longer - less money out of my pocket, and better servicability with the banks. I understand they have to go up sometime, but am quite happy for that sometime to be later rather then sooner.

Sheez, what sort of signal is the RBA sending out to future homebuyers by not raising rates by at least 25 points?

As if OFI's weren't bad enough already...

more homes available for everyone once people start getting repossed when the normal rates arrive back!

Back