RBA drops rates by 100bp!

I don't blame anyone except me!

I got into this aggressively and knew by doing so there were risks. Over a year ago when things began to change I tried to work things out but the combo of losing my job, rising rates and nothing selling all came together at the same time and made life difficult.

Today I put together a spread sheet for NAB showing our position moving forward having sold properties, new job with good salary,additional rents for 2 properties not producing last year (under construction etc) increased rents and falling rates. There was an option to move to P/I which I hope we can pick up if we can't get a change of mind on this one. If all else fails I will complain to the ombudsman which got results last year when 5 days before they were due to release titles for a refinance to another bank they cancelled and wouldn't release.

Worse case scenario is they make us sell a $450,000 house and repay their $340,000 which I didn't want to do with rent at $390 but no doubt they will damage the credit rating I have managed to protect all year.

From what you have just outlined you accept responsibility therefore you are not a victim. Our greatest periods of growth came after we we had a fire at our business and a secretary with both feet in the till. Technically we were insolvent but managed to trade our way out of trouble by putting our heads down and bums up and worked 7 days a week for a year.

The insurance company had a clause in the fine print that basically said if we went under they did not have to pay. It took 2 years of fighting before we saw any of our entitlement.

Moral of the story? Take the bit between your teeth and never say uncle:D

Victim - never!

Just experiencing a massive learning curve and will always come out stronger, sure there are lapses of strength but all I have to do is come on here and it comes flooding back!

Then if course I check to see how famous I am on the mcp site and resolve gets even stronger!!!

I wasn't aware of LOC and the like being recalled ... bit scary. What is the reason ?
Wanting to reduce their lending LVR or using ithem as a source of fiunds for more profitable lending ?

... You are not alone 80% of posters on this site are going to experience the same scenario. If you act now you might be one of the lucky one's. Look at selling something and get your LVR's below 30%....

OK, this is where I get lost a bit. Unless you have missed payments and/or have high exposure to 1 bank and/or paid at the top of the market for properties in an area which has dropped >30%, why would the banks recall your loans? It's especially perplexing if you purchased at >80% LVR as the bank has no risk. I say this because the mortgage insurers have underwritten the whole loan. In fact, it makes more sense (if payments are being met) for banks to close loans <80% LVR (no insurance) than >80% (LMI cover).:confused:

Aha! Thanks, Rolf. :) So all we need to do is work out how much the % of mortgage defaults would have to increase to put the MIs at risk...

that makes me on 5.04%.

awesome! - now, where to buy, where to buy, chasing something new-ish with a 6-7% yield....CF+ here we come.

Got to love that professional package discount! The $3600 I spent unlocking $610k from 7.65% is proving to be one of the best decisions I have made.

Peter

Back