RBA just put rates up again to 4.25%

Still not convinced it's a good thing. Maybe if you like traffic jams, queues, excessive litter, noise, people trying to out-cool each other 24/7..

Isn't it fabulous? But for how much longer? What is Japan's immigration policy like?

aah! the race card. Standard argument from anyone who hates anyone criticising anything about anyone who is not 10 generation anglo.
I don't care where they come from; just stay where you are and don't crowd me out.
I've already had to move 60km's from Melb to escape humans, and they're still bloody following me.
Every summer the piles of garbage left at the beaches by visitors increases, you can't get a parking spot, there is gridlock down the main street. How do we know the visitors are the cause of the litter? Because as soon as the holidays end, and they go home, the garbage disappears. If that is what increased population is about, you can slam it up your bot-bot.

At least it's making the value of my houses go up. Two sides to every coin, eh?

Yep and tourism provides valueable income to local business. But you're right there are side effects but I think they can be managed.

So you're worried about littering and traffic jams? That's an easy one, singapore have that one sussed, hefty fines for littering (amongst general education and advertising campaigns) and an efficient public transport system.

You should really be up in arms about the baby bonus then too, this is also promoting that people breed, and of course it's encouraging the wrong kind of people to breed. I would agree with you on that one. That's gotta stop, why encourage people to breed when there are so many people already living in poverty? Madness.

I think your attitude of not sharing something that was stolen from someone else in the first place is just a tad hypocritical. Billions of people dying every day because of poverty caused by overpopulation and you say sorry, i don't want your chip packets on my beach.

I think your attitude of not sharing something that was stolen from someone else in the first place is just a tad hypocritical.

is this a reference to british settlement? if so I don't think stealing was the crime as it is labelled an invasion. It's a tough one, I would like to go to the US or Norway but I can't just rock up there on the basis that I seek a better life.

Reminds me of being 15 and getting lectured on howthe current migration policeis were about to sned Australia backwards, all backed up with examples of vercrowding, non assimilation and parnet and relatives who were so greedy they worked hard, saved money opened businesses and worked long hours before knowing english.

The coutnry still hasn't gone to hell yet, 19 years later

I cant help thinking similarly this time round, but at least no one is saying it directly to my facae that it;s my fault & my parents fault and eveyrone like me. So I guess I shoudl now blindly turn on the new migrants whether I udnerstand/agree or not, to show I've "assimilated" or something ??

I think your attitude of not sharing something that was stolen from someone else in the first place is just a tad hypocritical. Billions of people dying every day because of poverty caused by overpopulation and you say sorry, i don't want your chip packets on my beach.

The whole history of the human progress is about one crowd stealing the land from someone else as their own.

It's a pointless argument to bring up, as we are soo far down the track time-wise from those who committed the deed/s.

Of course; we are never allowed to forget it. :rolleyes: I can think of one or two Countries who are still bleating over some wrong-doing against them from well over 2,000 years ago...I mean; get real. For god's sake move on will ya's?

I'm laughing at all of ya's trying to twist my words into ones purely about simply litter and traffic jams. :rolleyes:

If ya's all want to focus on that then good on ya, but the main issue is still the same; it's all about over-crowding from supposed "development" and "economic growth" through increased population.

Many here think it's going to be a great thing. It will not be.

I can repeat myself and say I've seen it in many countries around the world how increasing population does not improve lifestyle one single iota.........

but I won't. :D

Do you have any stats to prove your point that migrants are bloody bums and are a burden to the Australian government? As far as I am aware all migrants do not have access to any social security benefit for the first 2 years except Medicare.

Cheers,
Oracle.

Fantastic post o.

Love the way you twist words.

Many citizens already living here are as you say bums and a burden. Migrants can be and are too.

Maybe the migrants don't have access to welfare when they first arrive. Give it time, just like many Aussies who are strolling around collecting free dollars. They had to wait until they grew up to get to that stage.

I have been generalising; you pick a specific to support your argument, and make a few neat twists. No worries.

My beef is the sum total of humans. Collective bums on seats. It's perfectly clear in my posts, but a few want to play twisties with the words. Sad.

The world stat is that most people in the world are - at best - poor. The middle class are actually poor.

Don't believe me? find out what the average retirement dollar amount for super is for the USA population. I can tell you it is below $50k. Also, find out their average nett worth.

Who is going to support them when the money runs out? Us well-to-do investors and others in the 5%.

So, all here are wanting to add more bodies to our pile to send us down the same path towards a welfare state - like the US have.

Go and live there for a few years and you will see it.

Oh, did I mention India and China? yeah; I did, I remember now because someone wanted to urgently point that one out - make it a racism slant.

Good one. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The reality here is we live in a democratic country where the majority always wins. As long as the majority of people have no issues with growing population fueled by immigration there is nothing you can do about it..

The latest survey says that 69% of aussies don't want any more growth.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/04/14/2872279.htm

......"A new survey has shed more light on how Australian voters would respond if population growth became a big election issue.The survey by the Australian National University is the largest recent study of social attitudes to population growth and shows that nearly 70 per cent of respondents do not believe Australia needs more people".........

There was public upraw not too long ago when it was announced that our poplulation was headed to 35 million in 2050, not 27 million. But at current growth rates of 2.1%, we are headed to 50 million in 2050.

People do have issues with it, and I hope it does become an election issue.

I personally feel Australia has a lot more capacity to grow and have a larger population. New cities needs to be built and infrastructure in existing cities needs to improve.

We certainly do. We could our build our population enormously. We grow enough food for 60 million westerners or a quarter of a billion Ethiopians. Australia produces nearly 2 tonnes of grain per person per year, the US, 1.2 tonnes, China, 325 kgs, with most African countries lucky to grow 100 kgs per person. We export massive amounts of dairy and meat. I'd rather just continue to export our food and other commodities? We don't have to turn this place into a feedlot.

As ausprop says, we could cram 250 million into this place if you wanted to. We just have to choose what standard of living we want.

See ya's.

Last edited:
Back