RBA meeting and the AUDUSD

With the RBA meeting next week, what does everyone think will happen to AUDUSD if the cash rate:

A) Remains the same
B) Increases by .25
C) Increases by .50

I am a undecided whether the Aussie will be weaker or stronger if the RBA decide to rise rates by 0.25. What are your thoughts...

My answers are:
A) Aussie will weaken
B) Undecided...
C) Aussie will appreciate

I would expect it to go up .25 especially after the recent US economy lift. The dollar will probably rise a bit more too.

What I would like is a bit different, I would love it if the interest rate dropped and the AU dollar fell sharply back to the mid 60's ;)

who cares much about the AUD/USD ex.rate.... that 6.44% for 4 years fixed rate im on is looking bloody tops at the moment!!

who cares much about the AUD/USD ex.rate.... that 6.44% for 4 years fixed rate im on is looking bloody tops at the moment!!

there are other means to make money then just property - you can make alot of money with fx trading if the RBA releases an unexpected rate rise

leveridge is 200:1 :eek:

i actaully work in the importing business - so the high ex.rate makes my job a LOT easier.... but for me personally, it only matters when im travelling or looking at buying something from another country.

It's more just from a PERSONAL perspective that i said what i did above :)

AUD up and down in cycles just the way I like. When its up move my money off shore and when it drops bring it back again for a nice little profit.

I do and so do other exporters, the travel industry and many others.... I would just like to see it around .70/100 and it would be ok, .90/100 is too high.

The WA state govt would rather see it closer to .7 than .9 too. It is seriously impacting on state mining royalties.

State tax increases anyone?

Back