RBA reduced rates by 0.75%

Bewdiful

How much will the banks pass on dough?
Already posted an answer to that in the other thread. 58bp by the Commonwealth so far. The rest, yet to say.

Sim, any chance we can merge these threads? Or lock one of them...

Cheers,
Michael

okay, so they gave out 0.21% before any rate cut was announced, then passed on 0.58% after the 0.75% cut was formal....?

so, in effect, a CBA variable customer should have a 0.79% cut....?

so, in effect, a CBA variable customer should have a 0.79% cut....?
The RBA has reduced rates in Sept, Oct and Nov by 0.25%, 1.00% and 0.75% respectively.

The CBA reduced rates by 0.25%, 0.80%, 0.21% and 0.58%.

Of the 2% cut, they have passed on 1.84% to date. As a customer and a shareholder, I am happy with this in the current climate.

Still awaiting on the rest to announce any cuts.. :confused:

Seems like CBA has taken them by surprise (to the downside). Usually the others have been quick, within a few hours.

Still awaiting on the rest to announce any cuts.. :confused:

Seems like CBA has taken them by surprise (to the downside). Usually the others have been quick, within a few hours.

Can't beleive they are still deciding or at least waiting to annouce. Surely they know their numbers. They would have known straight away what they could pass on.

Maybe the other banks only expected 0.5 drop, and passing on say 0.4, now they are trying to figure whether they can actually match?

Maybe the other banks only expected 0.5 drop, and passing on say 0.4, now they are trying to figure whether they can actually match?

I find it hard to believe any bank would be 'scrambling' to do anything.

I mean, there are only a few choices, the RBA usually does things in 25bps lots right? So they have a whole month to map out what they are going to do if the RBA drops 0, 25, 50, 75, 100, etc... then when it happens it should be a case of clicking a button.

Edit: Sorry I re-read your post and I guess that my theory doesn't account for what the competition does.

Back