RBA to cut another 1%?

Not my own money. LoL thats the beauty of it.

It's like investment property. You use the banks' money to buy 80-90% of them. The beauty of leverage.

Well even if I retire today I would be too bored I'd go back to working!

Thanks for explaining the concept of leverage, I'm learning lots

In our office, a bonus is not a once off thing. And 6 digits could mean 100,000 or 999,999.

You could. But you didn't. You said last year you brought in 100k? Theoretical is not the same as reality. A lot of people here with conservative portfolios of a few million stand to make 100k every time there is a minor bump in the market. That's not even to speak of the heavy hitters here with portfolios in the 10-20m range.

Exactly the reason why I won't be making further comments. How do I know anyone here is really making money or they're really young?

People could be gloating and making stuff up but honestly I think plenty of us lay things out bare to get real help. I've posted about my stupid mistakes here and I'm not ashamed of them since we're all here to learn. There are many others like this too.

Not my own money. LoL thats the beauty of it.

It's like investment property. You use the banks' money to buy 80-90% of them. The beauty of leverage.

Well even if I retire today I would be too bored I'd go back to working!

Why post on a property forum? If you are as clever as you have asserted then you should be running your own managed fund or investment company

So anyway, back onto topic.
It looks as though we're looking at rates remaining the same or maybe being reduced again.
It will be nice for cashflow to see an interest rate drop. Not so much for buying at inflated prices though.

Well I hope they go down or even stay the same for a good while to come yet!

I'm only paying a ppor mortgage of $750 per month at current IR :D and I'm able to save $1000 per month on my $61 k salary. If I tried harder and didn't eat out as much I'd be able to save even more.

It's a wonderful opportunity for me to increase my cash buffers which will help when IR rise eventually and to help cover costs of any future vacancies/repairs :). It will also set me up for property purchase # 4 in a few years time!

Back