RBS issues fresh alert on global stock markets

where can i find evidence of this sell off in sept/oct each year. From looking at the XJO since 2000 in Stockdoctor I can't see a predominate sell off each Sept/Oct. Is there a free chart software program that shows this back 20 or 30 years?

or am i looking at the wrong data?

OSS
There is a very simple way just track the price of Oil,anyone that follows the S-P500 will see the pattern the lower demand the market keep tracking backwards-the higher demand then the market will move with it
what i can't understand is why so many worry about Sept-Oct,as long as the margins are set low there is never a problem,unless something comes from nowhere,like it sometimes does:)..willair..imho..
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,28124,25959541-643,00.html

JTic

no - it's never hard to make money in a bull market - especially when you've realised the top is actually here and where's it's come from....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

no offence, but you just sounded like an armchair investor then.

No offence taken BC, I'm not sure where you are going with this comment tho...? What is an armchair investor BTW...? I'm more partial to the couch...:D

I'm sorry for jumping on the latest bandwagon of bragging rights over recent share trades...:p

Don't forget I'm 90% IP investing...this is some cream skimming while rates are low using offset funds...;)

How many 'investors' are still sitting it out....in their armchairs...!

it was a joke - my sarcasm really doesn't relay very well in text - sorry :)

i was just saying it "sounded" like anyone can look at the data now and go "well ANYONE could have made money there" when in reality, you had to be buying when everyone said it was the end of the world.

no implication of you actually BEING an armchair investor, it just sounded bad.

Hi, like some other people, I've been fiddling with some shares actually going to the extent of taking out a loan.

It's much harder than it appears, isn't it?

I took profit yesterday & then today, one I didn't sell all of, came down double digits.

It's a wild thing, from 41 cts then 43 cts up to 47 back down to 42.5 and up again to 45!

KY

I took profit yesterday & then today, one I didn't sell all of, came down double digits.

It's a wild thing, from 41 cts then 43 cts up to 47 back down to 42.5 and up again to 45!

KY

Did the same with my last two small caps this week KY, both came out with results/news I wasn't particularly happy with so took the profits and ran. Just holding a bag of bluechips now.

Hi Steve, I'm finding the ASX even more dramatic than what I was used to - the Asian markets.

I even sold the insurer, disgusted with myself!

But this little known company I'm happy to hold. Can buy tonnes of it at this price.

The volume today went past 13M, can you believe it? Last I looked, it's 46 cts. And there's nothing dramatic about the reports.

KY

it was a joke - my sarcasm really doesn't relay very well in text - sorry :)

i was just saying it "sounded" like anyone can look at the data now and go "well ANYONE could have made money there" when in reality, you had to be buying when everyone said it was the end of the world.

no implication of you actually BEING an armchair investor, it just sounded bad.

...heh he..no worries BC, I'm with ya.... probably did sound bad but I couldn't help to add to the debate about the impending doom of this thread...:rolleyes:

I still prefer the lounge tho....lol

yeah sitting on the lounge, pegging half full beer cans at the telly because it disagrees with you is a sure fire path to divorce.

i do it from the armchair now - i can get up quicker when the wooden spoon comes flying across the room when i do.

horses for courses, i guess....

Back