RE Agencies - New LCD Screen Displays

This is taken as part of another thread, yet I thought I'd start it's own, for I'd really like to know what everyone thinks about these new window displays.

I personally loathe these new LCD agency displays, for there's no way I'm standing there waiting for the listings to scroll through, and the touch screen ones, never seem to work.

I just move to the next agencies window, where all the listings are displayed in front of me to scrutinize.

These things are of incredible detriment to an RE agency IMO and I really hope that they are a short lived idea.

Does anyone like these things and why please?

Yes I love them...... if they happen to be provided by my company :D:eek::D

Hmmm..... actually, I think we just closed down our digital signage operation...mustn't have been very popular :(

Cheers,

The Y-man

we have a touch screen as well as the standard displays, and we get a lot of good comments regarding it. It is SOOOO much better than the only tv screen which you had to wait to see properties.

Must say i have never had any one say it doesn't work and every time i have touched it it has worked too.

it is also great for our receptionist, if people come in and ask to see more photos or anything she takes them out and shows them on the screen... much better than the old days where the would have to come behind the reception desk to look at her computer.

I'm more likely to be just browsing when RE offices are closed. I've never seen a touch screen but I'm assuming it's indoors and not for street traffic? :)

And yes, I much prefer the paper+ink at the moment, but I have faith that one day someone will get it right and do a monitor display properly (without scrolling every 4.2 seconds).

I'd like to see one of those big touch screens like on NCIS LA where you just grab the pics you like and move them around and change the viewing angle etc. Now THAT would be cool!

QR Codes or Scan Codes

I believe this will be the way of the future for real estate office windows & also for sale signs. A QR (Quick Response) code or Scan code will be displayed with the window card for the property or in the corner of the for sale sign. You scan the picture with your iphone or smart phone & it will directly link you to the property online where you will get all the info, including pictures, open times, floor plan etc etc. A quick scan & away you go....... Try out the example attached. Enlarge the picture for best results

Attachments

• 6 Horsgate Way Golden Grove.png
    6 Horsgate Way Golden Grove.png
    600 bytes · Views: 89
am quite surprised to hear people still go to REA offices! why not just look on re.com and see it from the comfort of your own home?

am quite surprised to hear people still go to REA offices! why not just look on re.com and see it from the comfort of your own home?

A couple of years ago I went to many RE offices to introduce myself and try to get listings before they hit the net. It seems to be a rare thing but a few agents still do this and it can be very valuable.

For example in '07 my wife and I were looking for a unit and after going to many offices and asking about pre-net properties, an agent said he was just about to go and take photos for a unit so that he could put it on the web, and invited us to tag along. So we did, and we put an offer on it that afternoon *before* it went on the net. Got it for around $250k and 6 months later similar places were over $300k. People browsing re.com.au for that particular unit didn't have a chance.

There's also lots of times I've been working away from where I live (and would normally buy), and browse a RE's window, and get excited over something I've seen, yet would never have searched for over the internet.

...and yes, I have bought something due to this too.

Because I walk past two of them on the way between the school and the supermarket and ... y'know ... you just gotta look ...

All our local agents are dismal at putting places online. One usually errs on the side of only putting up a photo of the house from the front and then 10 photos of the shed/s. That agent has my house and last time they updated the listing, seems they left out most of the photos. How useful.

I'm more likely to be just browsing when RE offices are closed. I've never seen a touch screen but I'm assuming it's indoors and not for street traffic? :)

And yes, I much prefer the paper+ink at the moment, but I have faith that one day someone will get it right and do a monitor display properly (without scrolling every 4.2 seconds).

Our touchscreen (and most i have seen) you access from outside through the glass.. we get hte most touches to the screen between 6pm & 9pm after we have closed...i assume from people on their way home from work.

Was working away from home area yesterday, and one RE agency I happened to look in the window of, had both the traditional paper listings and a touch screen or two.

This was excellent I thought, for the LCD screen augmented the paper listing, although the touch screen didn't work for me yet again. :(

Back