RE Agent with good looks get more sales

Greetings,

do you guys think this is true???

RE Agent with good looks get more sales???

after all, RE is about people isn't it???

Curious,

Marten

Marten,

Interesting question, but I don't think this is right. Otherwise I would be a re agent. :)

Cheers,

Lotana

Hi Marten,

as indicated by Lotana I also don't beleive good looking RE agents are better at sales... although they may capture people's attention, it wouldn't necessarily make them better at what they do...

My preference is to use the best agent when doing business, which includes someone you can relate to, trully understands your requirements, communicate with, keeps you informed if/when a good deal comes up in your desired area, is efficient at what they do, etc... looks is the last thing on my list of criteria when dealing with RE agents...

Cheers,

MannyB.

Hi

Marten, those who know me would quickly tell you it is not true.

I am approaching retirement age, thin on top, thick(er) round the middle and have never been known as a "good looking".

I am just a very good RE Agent, straight and honest. And yes very humble too.

Regards

Ross

Are we only referring to men here? What about the girls?!
Personally, I don't think looks have anything to do with it, though I've come across some VERY good looking young men trying to flow me real estate in country towns. (must be something about the rural upbringing and that fresh air!) Doesn't make any difference in the end, however. It's all about the right price.

Most (dare I say all) people are subliminally affected by the appearance and vibe of the other people they deal with. It's a natural human thing, and many people don't get past it. Not just the looks count; an agent's way of talking, or observance of personal space etc. also affect the comfort of the purchaser. Of course, attractiveness is subjective, and an attractive agent who can't close a sale won't beat an "ordinary" agent with decent sales and psychology skills.

When we sold a flat in 2001, we made use of this facet of human nature. To open the flat for inspections, we insisted on the petite, cute, female agent, rather than the hulking 7 foot tall guy. Why? Because she made the flat look bigger, and anyone who met her instantly felt welcome and at home.

Then, for the auction itself, we used as auctioneer a charming, charismatic shark.

good looking is a subjective thing. what is good looking to one may not be to another. beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

having said that though, the agent i've engaged to sell one of my projects is a BABE, and he's kicking some serious butt :)

Originally posted by JoannaK

having said that though, the agent i've engaged to sell one of my projects is a BABE, and he's kicking some serious butt :)

You had to get engaged before he agreed to sell your property?! :D

JoannaK,

good looking is a subjective thing. what is good looking to one may not be to another. beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

i don't believe that statement to be COMPLETELY true...

you must admit that some people have that natural good looks...

there's that certain essence of beauty & appeal that everyone shares to be true...

some people are just plain ugly & everyone agrees

Smiling,

Marten

Originally posted by Marten

RE Agent with good looks get more sales???

Hi

I don't know about them selling more property but a good looking agent certainly attracts more at the veiwings. I try to go to as many Dijones listings as I can if I'm in the area;)

There's also a couple of young ladies in Laing and Simmons DB which I enjoy talking to on the phone and in person ;)

I haven't bought anything off them as yet mainly because I don't pay much attention to the properties, but you never know :rolleyes:

Regards

Investor

Originally posted by GoMichael
Most (dare I say all) people are subliminally affected by the appearance and vibe of the other people they deal with. It's a natural human thing, and many people don't get past it. Not just the looks count; an agent's way of talking, or observance of personal space etc. also affect the comfort of the purchaser. Of course, attractiveness is subjective, and an attractive agent who can't close a sale won't beat an "ordinary" agent with decent sales and psychology skills.

When we sold a flat in 2001, we made use of this facet of human nature. To open the flat for inspections, we insisted on the petite, cute, female agent, rather than the hulking 7 foot tall guy. Why? Because she made the flat look bigger, and anyone who met her instantly felt welcome and at home.

Then, for the auction itself, we used as auctioneer a charming, charismatic shark.

Are you serious? If i walked into a flat with a smallish woman at the door, the last thing i would think (sub conciously or not) is:

This flat looks so big because that woman is so small.

Does she have life size cardboard cutouts of herself around the flat so every room looks large or just her at the entry area?

And what if the Sydney Kings are inspecting the flat at the same time (if its an open), does the flat look small again?

re the question:

I remember reading something a while back that good looking people are more successful in life (in any area) than non good looking people. They did a huge experiment in the States with job promotions and the result was overwhelming.

(The story finished with the line "How many good looking street people have you seen?"....hehe

And mostly, good looking people have facial features that everyone considers attractive rather than in the eye of the beholder.

Originally posted by brains
And mostly, good looking people have facial features that everyone considers attractive rather than in the eye of the beholder.

The ratio is 1:1.6

It applies to people as well as property

Regards

Ross

Re: Re: RE Agent with good looks get more sales

Originally posted by investor
I haven't bought anything off them as yet mainly because I don't pay much attention to the properties, but you never know :rolleyes:

Interesting point Invi...

Does a really good looking agent distract you from looking at the property?

asy :D

Darn it!

I'm off to the plastic surgeon tommorow.

Here's living proof that uglies don't make sales.

And to think I thought it was my personality holding me back. Or was that my bad breath?

I've got photos and commission statements to back this up!

Cheers
Sam

Ps: The reverse can also apply: Good looking buyers can distract me from making sales.

I think good looking may get your attention at first, but it's the charismatic and charming ones that keep you coming back for more.

We had two friends, one was good looking and the other was charming. Female clients would always ask for introductions to the good looking guy, but the charming one would always end up talking to them first and they'd all fall for him instead!

Whenever I have heard this question asked everyone wants to go for the answer which is politically correct. Given all things equal. ie a good looking agent and a not so good looking agent and both have same skills the good looking one will always do better.

One of my female sales staff in particular has sold a few properties and it sure hasn't hurt that the guys were asking her out. I for one have no doubt that looks can help.

What was it that Andre Agassi said about playing tennis with Steffi Graf...... let's face it, most men can't help themselves, it's in our genes..... or is that jeans. Except me of course, I have eyes only for my wife. :D

Wonder how Brad Pitt would've gone selling real estate?

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Originally posted by brains
Are you serious?

Absolutely. :cool:

If i walked into a flat with a smallish woman at the door, the last thing i would think (sub conciously or not) is:

This flat looks so big because that woman is so small.

Congratulations on being more perceptive than many. :D

Does she have life size cardboard cutouts of herself around the flat so every room looks large or just her at the entry area?

No need. The first 10 seconds when someone walks into a dwelling has a strong bearing on how they view the whole place. In our instance, in that 10 seconds they met the agent, and viewed the living/dining room, where we had spent more on rental furniture, window furnishings, light fittings etc. than the rest of the flat put together.

And what if the Sydney Kings are inspecting the flat at the same time (if its an open), does the flat look small again?

Of course, when you have low ceilings!

Back