Re: How we bought 20 IP's in 5yrs

No we never had any financial planners as hubby said we are quite able to make/lose money all by ourselves thankyou lol.

We aren't the sort to want to travel much (just try and get hubby on a plane, never going to happen) and we're not snappy dressers or anything fancy, just average joes so living expenses aren't that much.

We might fill the petrol tank on the car (bought secondhand for 8.5k years ago) maybe once a month?
We do like our food to be good quality but at the same time we've never lost that mind-set to buy it when its on special.
Say toothpaste we like is on special, we don't just buy one tube, we'll buy half a dozen of em.

We found its actually cheaper in some aspects like petrol, clothing, having to take hols right in expensive holiday season, to be retired than to be working.

We always wanted pure "passive" investment. Nothing to maintain or self employ ourselves.

We have income from share dividends and usually get some franking credits back at the end of our tax return.
Sometimes we pick shares fanflamingtastic and make a great return. Almost all gets reinvested and we only take a little to live on.

We're not really interested in making millions of dollars in cash. What would we do with it but re-invest it?

Oh where's my manners? Thank you very much for your congratulations and well wishes.
Stay on the investing road be it property/shares or what ever, you are streets ahead of those who spend the lot and have nothing to show later on. Hang in there, its worth it. :)

Why ? It's supposed to be a means to an end - a positive outcome from investing, when an investment is no longer what you need, you no longer involve yourself in it... (you are allowed to enjoy the journey of course !).. I suppose we enjoy our hobbies and like others to also get the same things we do out of them and we get sentimental about the hobby...

Confucious say "its not the destination but the journey....."
I knew brenda FIRST through fish, very nice fish and respected in the industry, secondly and MUCH more in awe after reading of her "RENO QUEEN" title from the Reno Kings and we all have MUCH to learn and respect when taking stock of her (and Les') efforts regarding the effort involved in the road they have travelled!

Best wishes Brenda and Les for the future well earned!!

Back