re: US considering a bank tax

Its a sad state when the world keeps following the US continually.....They are a bankrupt country, have been for many years, yet like sheep we all continue to follow this debt ridden flea bag country............

Like the Romans, the US sooner or later will not be the world force....i cant wait actually....

Last edited:
The 0.15% bank tax is not a bad idea. I would also be all for the introduction of a transactions tax. This is the fairest way. The average worker would then pay only a little on their transactions, and the major financial players would make up the bulk of the tax revenue.

Its a sad state when the world keeps following the US continually.....They are a bankript country, have been for many years, yet like sheep we all continue to follow this debt ridden flea bag country............

Like the Romans, the US sooner or later will not be the world force....i cant wait actually....

Says the man who clatters away on his Apple Mac, drinks Coca Cola, uses a microwave oven for his cooking and drives a Ford.

There's lots of good stuff that came out of the USA. Why focus on the negatives?

As for the bit about the Romans.....I think most Americans or Romans for that matter never intended for their countries to be as powerful as they became.

Says the man who clatters away on his Apple Mac, drinks Coca Cola, uses a microwave oven for his cooking and drives a Ford.

There's lots of good stuff that came out of the USA. Why focus on the negatives?

As for the bit about the Romans.....I think most Americans or Romans for that matter never intended for their countries to be as powerful as they became.

Only good thing to come out of the USA are Aussie tourists on their way back home............I have lived and worked in the US for years...theres no place better than OZ.....who cares about what products the US has developed....I prefer peace of mind any day, the extras we have here far outweight all the other stuff by a country mile...best of luck with your Ford

it would be hard to have any peace of mind without the US as a stabilising force in the world. We need a population of 100m+ if we are going to be left on our ownsome

if the US govt successfully allow this tax to pass through then other countries will surely try to impose this on their own banks.

parallel- our super profit resource tax. if australia does put through this tax, other mining countries are going to have a shot in their own backyard. can't see Canada govt or Africa govt not tempted to have a similar super tax when we are talking about billions of $ in govt. revenue.

Back