REA Selling Fees in Perth

Rixter

$uper Investor (Retired)
Can anyone who's sold a property recently in Perth provide us with what selling fees (& sale price) they were charged from their REA?

Hi Rixter
For an average house : 2.25% to 2.5%

The higher the price, the lower the percentage. eg 1M+ should be <2%

Hi Rixter

Thanks Tano. Interesting to note that it's higher than what we paid to sell our Sydney property which was about 1.65% or thereabouts.

Rixter

$uper Investor (Retired)
Hi Rixter

Tano, thanks for that but what did you pay though and did that include advertising costs?

pinkboy

SS Lookerafterer
Selling the goose that lays the golden eggs. Thought your strategy was to never sell and to re-val, extract and LOE each property 10 years?

pinkboy

Rixter

$uper Investor (Retired)
Selling the goose that lays the golden eggs. Thought your strategy was to never sell?

pinkboy
Im not selling the golden geese. Upgrading PPOR.

Extraction 10+ years of equity done last year.

Last edited:
I've paid flat fee $8800 all inclusive for sale of $417,500 and flat fee $11,000 plus photo's, sign, advertising $600 for sale of $645,000. both did upgrades on Realestate.com that usually cost around $180 extra. Both in past 6 months.

Rixter

$uper Investor (Retired)
Thanks Invstor... I was estimating double that $11k..you got a excellent rate by the looks.

Thanks Invstor... I was estimating double that $11k..you got a excellent rate by the looks.
He did an excellent job also. He only takes on about three listings at a time. Some take on around 12.

He also got at least $50,000 more than what most agents quoted.

Apart from another agent going about $1000 cheaper it was around $5000 cheaper than other quotes. I got about 7 all up.

Last edited:

Rixter

$uper Investor (Retired)
Apart from another agent going about $1000 cheaper it was around $5000 cheaper than other quotes. I got about 7 all up.
Thanks for the update Invstor..our property value is a bit more than your so will adjust fees accordingly.

I generally pay 2.2% inclusive, q touch more if it's a really cheap property. Paid as low as 1.8% for a sale above $1.5m

There are cheaper agents out there but tbh agents fees are only a small factor when it comes to selecting an agent for me. Especially in perth where auctions aren't the norm.

Potentially saving $2k through a cheaper agent and not getting as good a service is a fools errand.