REA Selling Fees in Perth

Can anyone who's sold a property recently in Perth provide us with what selling fees (& sale price) they were charged from their REA?

Hi Rixter
For an average house : 2.25% to 2.5%

The higher the price, the lower the percentage. eg 1M+ should be <2%

Hi Rixter
For an average house : 2.25% to 2.5%

The higher the price, the lower the percentage. eg 1M+ should be <2%

Thanks Tano. Interesting to note that it's higher than what we paid to sell our Sydney property which was about 1.65% or thereabouts.

Selling the goose that lays the golden eggs. Thought your strategy was to never sell and to re-val, extract and LOE each property 10 years?

pinkboy

I've paid flat fee $8800 all inclusive for sale of $417,500 and flat fee $11,000 plus photo's, sign, advertising $600 for sale of $645,000. both did upgrades on Realestate.com that usually cost around $180 extra. Both in past 6 months.

Thanks Invstor... I was estimating double that $11k..you got a excellent rate by the looks.

He did an excellent job also. He only takes on about three listings at a time. Some take on around 12.

He also got at least $50,000 more than what most agents quoted.

Apart from another agent going about $1000 cheaper it was around $5000 cheaper than other quotes. I got about 7 all up.

Last edited:
I generally pay 2.2% inclusive, q touch more if it's a really cheap property. Paid as low as 1.8% for a sale above $1.5m

There are cheaper agents out there but tbh agents fees are only a small factor when it comes to selecting an agent for me. Especially in perth where auctions aren't the norm.

Potentially saving $2k through a cheaper agent and not getting as good a service is a fools errand.

Back