Ready to race for property?

According to this survey/article;

Property Investors are waiting on the sidelines for the First Home Buyers Grant to finish.

This must mean that they are targeting the lower, or affordable end of the market.

Good news as this should provide good support for market values .. as the First Home buyers depart, the Investors will Descend.

cheers,

RightValue

http://www.moneymanagement.com.au/article/Ready-to-race-for-property/490887.aspx

We recently ran a survey that found three out of four Australians planning to buy an investment property in the next two years were waiting until the First Home Owner Boost (FHOB) expired.

Seventy-six per cent of the 1,038 respondents to our 2009 Property Investors Survey said they were delaying their upcoming investment property purchase until the FHOB ends on December 31, 2009. ......

This increased waiting could go either way, either fueling the FHOB recovery fire or turning into a Mexican standoff while they wait even longer for the FHOB premium on current prices to wash away.

Seventy-six per cent of the 1,038 respondents to our 2009 Property Investors Survey said they were delaying their upcoming investment property purchase until the FHOB ends on December 31, 2009. ......

goody, more for me.... keep them waiting, I've not finished buying yet....... but also, I beg to ask the question, why wait? Interest rates at a 50year low, high yield, if your in it for the long term you should be buying now.....

Luvvit

Property Investors are waiting on the sidelines for the First Home Buyers Grant to finish.

This must mean that they are targeting the lower, or affordable end of the market.

Good news as this should provide good support for market values .. as the First Home buyers depart, the Investors will Descend.

cheers,

RightValue

http://www.moneymanagement.com.au/article/Ready-to-race-for-property/490887.aspx

We recently ran a survey that found three out of four Australians planning to buy an investment property in the next two years were waiting until the First Home Owner Boost (FHOB) expired.

Hi RightValue

thanks for the info.

I could not wait had to jump in, besides I would prefer to compete with FHB over investors any day.

Cheers, MTR

It's only the boost that's disappearing, not the original grant. I think that's here to stay, along with the stamp duty concessions, for a while yet.

I've been thinking along these lines too, as I know several investors who are waiting for supposedly cheaper prices next year. It will be interesting to see what happens come 2010.

pfff - always an excuse to keep property prices climbing consistantly.

when the FHB ceases, there will still be activity.

will it affect prices? who knows?

Back