Real Estate Agent - Mayfield, Newcastle

Hi All
Looking for a gun selling real estate agent in this area

Would appreciate any recommendations.

Cheers
MTR:)

After selling a house in Newcastle I don't believe there is such a thing.

I think there are top listing agents who seem to be able to get all the good expensive listings but when it comes to selling they just all use the same marketing resources anyone would use.

They present the same offers the same way and the vendors accept, counter offer or decline according to their own beliefs.

I know heaps of them. I could recommend you one whom I think is easy to get along with and respects you as a vendor.

But could I honestly say one would achieve a higher sale price than another?

I mean think about it. Do you check an agencies own website for listings? Or go see a property because you recognise their sign out the front?

Nope we all use the same two websites and some of us even looks at the Saturday paper. That's what sells property.

I think it is scandalous they get 2% for knocking up an ad any high school kid could do with practice, then sitting in the house manning the door with a clipboard for an hour a week.

Maybe some second viewings during the week.

But the property will sell itself.

Hi Simon
I disagree, gun agent is someone who can sell even if the product has some negatives, ie main road, bad design etc etc etc.

From my experience they know how to turn a negative into a positive, they work hard and know how to create competition and negotiation skills are brilliant, marketing to the right people and they dont place adverts in papers.

I had an agent secure a deal and she left buyers house at 12.00 evening, the negative was an easement, where 5 metres of the land could not be utilised and next to a busy road. Ended up with two buyers competing for the same property. I was blown away, she was brilliant.

So no one like this in Newcastle:eek:

I agree with MTR, a good agent can make a big difference. I have never actually sold anything but purchased many times. Sometimes I feel a bit sorry for the vendor because the agent does such a bad job of selling the property they generate very little interest, list the property too low or don't (I assume) suggest things to the vendor to dress the place up a little prior to sale.

You could try PRD Newcastle. They seem to consistently get high prices for properties. They have a couple of agents who work in Mayfield. I'm using Cveta for my house in Georgetown (1 suburb south) but I'm not sure if she typically does Mayfield. So far I'm very happy with the service from her & her team.

http://www.prdnewcastle.com.au/

You could try PRD Newcastle. They seem to consistently get high prices for properties. They have a couple of agents who work in Mayfield. I'm using Cveta for my house in Georgetown (1 suburb south) but I'm not sure if she typically does Mayfield. So far I'm very happy with the service from her & her team.

http://www.prdnewcastle.com.au/

On what basis do you know they get higher prices?

Because they tell you?

I called one of the top listing agents from the top agency to look at my place. He is in NSW top so many list of agents. I reckon it is because he manages his reputation very well and works the most expensive beachfront suburbs. Certainly his visits with me were more about how good he was rather than what he could do for me.

I chose the agent who seems to do most of the sales and management of student rentals. I figured he'd have an insight. He claimed he would.

But once I signed his junior showed the property and when there were problems I couldn't get through to him at all on the phone.

I still reckon a lot of these blokes are all about the listing.

I'd use a female agent. They seem to be better at managing the relationship, managing expectations and communication. Don't know if the sales figures are any different. They certainly don't seem to be all about promoting themselves.

I've been looking at property here since 2002. I reckon I have met most of the leading players.

All the agents will cover Mayfield. It is a central and large suburb.

I still reckon I'd be hard pressed to pick a stand out agent if I was selling in Mayfield.

On what basis do you know they get higher prices?

I said 'seem to' rather than 'know' the difficulty is every house is different & I certainly haven't inspected everything they've listed. I've been very closely monitoring 3 suburbs for a year & in those suburbs, they seem to get more consistently high prices than other agents. Some of it is probably the stock they attract but I don't think that's it entirely.

Back