Real Estate Agent Pressure

I have spoken to REIQ who were horrified by the behaviour and have just spokent to the principle of the agency who has apologised and has asked me to forward the email to her.
I will not be contacting the agent again - his boss can deal with it. I did state to the principle that I felt threatened and was extremely unhappy with the agent.
Let you know the response.

Latest email from him

Dear Mrs Dawnrazor

As you had made the verbal agreement on the Seller's Counter Offer of
$670,000 based on a deposit of $10,000 and subject to a 21 day Finance
Approval and 21 day Building and Pest Inspection Approval and 45 days
from the Contract Date for Settlement, I require you to withdraw your
abovementioned offer in writing. ( email is fine).

I will notify the Seller immediately of your decision.

All the details above are the details that I gave him for the contract which I have not signed

I would be very careful about withdrawing the offer by email or any other means. Basically, if you withdraw the offer, you have confirmed that you have made the offer. If you withdraw the offer by email, he will be able to construe that you have made the offer in writing by withdrawing it in writing (email is considered to be legal communications). You run the risk of him then coming back to you with the line: "The vendor has accepted your offer and requires you to pay the $10,000 deposit"

If it were me i would just ignore the little ****.

Its a front. They will probably all be having a giggle about it in the office.

Its by no means isolated behavior, or even unusual.

I have spoken to REIQ who were horrified by the behaviour and have just spokent to the principle of the agency who has apologised and has asked me to forward the email to her.
I will not be contacting the agent again - his boss can deal with it. I did state to the principle that I felt threatened and was extremely unhappy with the agent.
Let you know the response.

I have forwarded on the email to the principle and will not communicate further with the agent.
Interestingly the REIQ advised me to threaten the agent with legal action.

I have just spoken to the principle of the agency who has again apologised and told me that the agent was just trying to dot the I's and cross the T's. I have pointed out that I have told him that I will not be going forward so as far as I am concerned its all closed.

report the agent - he is talking rubbish and intimidating you at the same time

Yeah; that'll work.

report him to... the Real Estate Authority in that State.

All that will happen is a lip-service on the other end of the phone.

The best bet is to ring ACA.

Or, Neil Jenman.

Its sad when what should be an almost straight forward transaction goes sour & leaves a bad taste. Makes you cautious & sus next time.

We just had the opposite happen - verbally offered 10.12% less than list price on Sunday - today agent told my aprtner it was a silly offer & he didnt bother presenting it to the vendor. Guess who just lost 2 sales - our ppor & this purchase.

Cheers
Stella

I want to make a complaint about these stupid little sensorship astericks.

They make me think about swear words and contaminate my mind.

Can I sue for that?

Yup. But when the magistrate ask what you were thinking and you reply a barrage of filth you may end up being the one paying!

Its sad when what should be an almost straight forward transaction goes sour & leaves a bad taste. Makes you cautious & sus next time.

We just had the opposite happen - verbally offered 10.12% less than list price on Sunday - today agent told my aprtner it was a silly offer & he didnt bother presenting it to the vendor. Guess who just lost 2 sales - our ppor & this purchase.

Cheers
Stella

Did he not know your relation?

Do you mean you made an offer on a property being sold by the same people selling your other properties?

If so, what a dope

Did he not know your relation?

Do you mean you made an offer on a property being sold by the same people selling your other properties?

If so, what a dope

No (but i could be wrong - i normally am)

What was Stella was saying was that she would not use this agent....ever. She said that she would not be listing her PPOR and IP (the one she is yet to buy and the one the agent would not submit her silly offer on) when she decides to sell (bare in mind she may never sell).

Sure the agent should have submitted your offer Stella no matter how silly it was, unless they have instructions form the vendor to not submit silly offers; the agent seems to lack communication skills.

To me i think differently, this is an agent i would sell with but not buy thru, why?, cause he is telling you to go away unless you are serious, he is trying to get the most for the vendor. - what i mean to say is would you list a property with an agent who can not get within 10.12% discount of the asking price, i want an agent to get as close to the price that he apprasied on not 10.12% less

To me i think differently, this is an agent i would sell with but not buy thru, why?, cause he is telling you to go away unless you are serious, he is trying to get the most for the vendor. - what i mean to say is would you list a property with an agent who can not get within 10.12% discount of the asking price, i want an agent to get as close to the price that he appraised on not 10.12% less

And that is what I would expect him to do, try to get the most for the vendor - but I mistakenly thought that would involve some 'negotiating' to get me a bit closer - not flatly dismiss my offer. What does he expect me to do - keep raising my offer until he thinks it's not silly anymore -I may as well go to an auction & bid against myself until they say stop LOL.

Place has already been on the market for just over 2 months so I will be interested to see when/if it does sell & how far off (my final price not the original one) I was.

Cheers
Stella

Last edited:
Back