real estate figures

W

WebBoard

Guest
From: Caren Temby


Can anyone tell me where to find information on current property prices, to date capital growth and rental returns on property in a given area??

Are there websites around which have this sort of information? or do I need to talk directly to a real estate agent in an area?

Thanks Caren
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1
From: John P


Hi Caren, you might like to try :

http://www.residex.com.au/

They have all types of reports that you can order. They are one of the foremost auhorities on Australian property prices.(So they say anyway)

Having said that I recently purchased a report for a particular postcode and did not feel the report was very helpful at all. I found that 90% of the report (roughly 6 pages) focused generically on Sydney Unit Prices in general and the remaining 10% gave me unremarkable information on the postcode I requested info on.



On the one hand, I am a bit sceptical as to the accuracy of the report and also don't feel I got value for money by any means.

On the other hand, having not seen any of the other reports that are available, I'm obviously unsure as to whether they are any better or worse in terms of value for money compare to the reporst I purchased.

Hope this helps

John
 
Last edited by a moderator:
W

WebBoard

Guest
Reply: 1.1
From: Donna Larcos


Australian Property Investor Magazine has
a section in the back which gives
quarterly figures from each State. I
recently purchased a Residex report for
Brisbane and Sydney and the useful thing
was the 10 year returns on the areas
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1.2
From: Rolf Latham


Hi John

You really need direct access to the Residex Service in each state to make max use of the data.

Ta

Rolf
 
Last edited by a moderator:
W

WebBoard

Guest
Reply: 1.2.1
From: James Spry


If you're in SA the best place I've found (the one RE agents/valuers use) is L'Unica's. They're in the Adelaide phone book (no web page) and the woman at the desk is called Elizabeth, and she's really great, very friendly and helpful. For about $20 you can get reports on several areas going back as long as you want.
If you're anywhere else, I have no idea. Sorry.

Hope that's of help to someone...

Jim Jim the dog faced boy
 
Last edited by a moderator:
W

WebBoard

Guest
Reply: 1.2.1.1
From: James Johnson


Someone on this forum suggested
www.aussiehomeloans.com.au/AussieValuer.asp

worth a look
cheers
Jimmy
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top