Real Estate Summit free tickets!

Hi all

As part of REBAA we've been offered a promo code to get free tix to this event in Sydney (Chatswood) all day next WED APRIL 2 and also FRI APRIL 4 (Melbourne). Click on site details http://www.realestatesummit.net.au/
for details of speakers etc and the landing page below to get free tix and if anyone is attending in Sydney feel free to drop in and say hi (I'll be at the REBAA table :))

The Sydney and Melbourne event attendees will be coming to learn specifically about how to get the edge in the property investment market from key Australian Industry leaders including Commonwealth Bank, RP Data, McGrath and Ray White.

http://www.realestatesummit.net.au/sponsor/ will take you to a landing page where you can register your key people for complimentary VIP guest passes by entering
the promo code: VIP PROMO.

devank, take lots of notes for us!

Like beachgurl, I also had a bad night. So didn't take too many notes.

Half good and half pure selling.

I missed John McGrath's presentation.

Tim Lawless from RP data was good. Here are the key points:
We are going to have limited growth but not fall.
QLD is the place to buy especially S.E
Hobart - has potential due to sea change
Adelaide - Surveys indicate high confidence
Sydney & Mel - No
Central Coast - Improving

Savanth Sebastian from Commonwealth Bank was good as well. Here are the key points.
US - economy is recovering. They are beginning to build. Unemployment is falling. This will slowly push rates upwards which will cause our fixed rates to go higher.
China - China decided to slow itself. It has further 30 years to catch up with other economies. It is positive.
Mining - Miners need new jobs once they finish building. Watch out that trap.
NSW - 50% more building DAs. Lot of supply is coming.
VIC - Job losses in car industry is spreading. However, retail is picking up

Interest Rates - No more cuts. Total Owner Occupier loans are less than total savings & term deposits=> Higher Interest rate would do good for the economy. Interest rates will move around October.

Consumer sentiment is high despite increasing unemployment.

Online shopping is increasing by 30% year by year.

There is huge increase in mortgage demand => Should help to raise home values

Haesley Cush from Ray White was fun. here are the key points.
Brisbane at 7:30 in property clock.
"If it is good enough to buy, it is too good to sell"

Auction trick:
Go big in one go if it is a PPOR. Don't start small and get into bidding war. You can knock out any similar buyers.
Don't increment by small amount because it is a small increment to the other buyer as well.

Mark Rolton from MassLand introduced an interesting concept.
- You need to sign up for their course.
- You identify a development potential deal and bring it to them
- They arrange you to buy the property under 'option'. Say a property is worth 350K but your offer 500K.
- They do the DA and then sell it to a developer for 800K.
- You take 20% of the profit in the first deal and then 35% in following deals.

There was a US guy (I think incomeEducation) trying to sell his courses. He was talking about buying properties on a credit card (my expression) & tax lien stuff. I walked out for a walk and a coffee. When I came back almost half the crowed was signing up! :eek:

Last edited:
Hey Beachgurl sorry you missed it (hope you're less sleep-deprived now!) but Devan's minutes summation very helpful :)

Devan, did you come up and say hi? I think you knew where I was :D
That's the trouble with those of you who use different names and post pics of avatars and cute other idols/characters on the forum.... I never know who I'm speaking to!

Nice to meet you too Tonibell- hope you got some useful info/tips from the day. Only speaker I got to listen to was Haesley but I've heard John and Tim before- always something interesting to take away.

For those of you in Melb there's still free tickets if you have spare time on Friday during the day at all.... just click on the link below

http://www.realestatesummit.net.au/rebaa/

Devan, did you come up and say hi?
That's the trouble with those of you who use different names and post pics of avatars and cute other idols/characters on the forum.... I never know who I'm speaking to!
You never know! I was wearing a gold jacket and pick pants.. oh and the space suit :p

Not everyone is as good looking as you to put our pics up confidently :)

Back