Realestate.com.au changes

Anyone else noticed how aweful realestate.com.au is since the changes?

1.No right clicking so you can't open multiple tabs with different property's. WTF are they serious? Then when you click "back" you goto your origanl search not the map area you'd just predefined.

2.When searching for open homes on the old site, it'd list all the property's within your map area. Now it just lists the property's from your original search suburb. aaarrrggghhhh.

3. Can you still search by land area size? If so I can't work out how to do that or to search by keyword.

4.If they's like to "add" a feature an "exclude undercontract/sold" button would be great. It seems that 3 out of 4 property's in Perth are Under contract. Well done congratulations on your sale but give me something I can buy.

It's really driving me nuts! I'm desperate for a new property search site since the changes came in(The old site was workable). Anyone know of a better site?

*End Rant*

The browser version(I use Chrome)
The home page is the same, It's how it presents results that have changed. An example is if you search NSW it'll just present one "dot" with 100+ within it. This is new.

Changed over a few weeks ago, I've been trying to get used to it but it's impossible.

1.No right clicking so you can't open multiple tabs with different property's. WTF are they serious? Then when you click "back" you goto your origanl search not the map area you'd just predefined.

This is annoying me seriously - you can still open tabs when viewing the properties in 'List' form, but once you use 'Map' you can't right click. Then combined with your other point that when you click back it returns you to the original search area rathern than your zoomed in section is annoying.

Something I hate, is when I follow www.realestate.com.au links from here on my phone, it takes me to the property, then immediately takes be back to the realestate.com.au homepage - so I get to see the property for like 5 seconds & I can't click back.

Very annoying!

Anyone else noticed how aweful realestate.com.au is since the changes?

3. Can you still search by land area size? If so I can't work out how to do that or to search by keyword.

*End Rant*

1 - If you have a three button mouse (scroll wheel as button), the middle button will open the map listing up in a new tab (click on "view details"). It does work in Chrome.

3 - do your initial search, once in "map view" click on "List". On the left it will give you the "Min. land" option.

I don't have a solution to the other 2 points.

has anybody noticed that all comments on property's they have saved have been wiped and now i cant work out how to even put new comments in. has anybody worked that out yet.

not really related to the original post, but does anyone know an easy way to do a search within re.com.au for all of greater sydney? so lets say within the bounds of say berowra, richmond, penrith, campbeltown, sutherland??

i cant find an easy way to do it, other than selecting areas out of the nsw list, but that would take for ever!

Right clicking to open a new tab is inefficient.

Keep finger on "Ctrl" key and left click mouse at same time opens up new tab on all hyperlinks, works in map view, at least for firefox and IE

Reactions: BMW
has anybody noticed that all comments on property's they have saved have been wiped and now i cant work out how to even put new comments in. has anybody worked that out yet.

Yeah all my comments gone , I use this feature to put in the price and date
listed to how long its listed and see any price drops.

Domain.com.au still able to put in a comment, if there is no comment section for realestate.com.au
I really have no reason to use it any further.

Also Can't seem to find the Saved Search option :(
The IOS app got an update, but still far from fantastic.
On the app or on the website?

On the app, you touch the top left hand corner where the 3 parallel lines are. A side menu slides out and shows "Search" "Saved Properties" "Feedback".

On the website, once you have logged in, there is the top vertical menu. On the right side you will see an outlined figure of a torso and head with a little triangle pointing downwards. Click on that and the 'saved searches and alerts' is the second option.

Yeah all my comments gone , I use this feature to put in the price and date
listed to how long its listed and see any price drops.

Domain.com.au still able to put in a comment, if there is no comment section for realestate.com.au
I really have no reason to use it any further.

I usually email to myself with asking price, suburb and description - eg ugly house, complete Reno, 2 streets from beach.

They must have had some complaints.

When you go to your saved properties page you now have the option
to "switch to old saved properties page"
This still has all your old notes attached.

push down on your scroll wheel on your mouse. opens up links in new tab. hope that helps

Try Realestateview

Hi there.

I can't believe how bad realestate.com.au and their Android app have become after the recent updates.

I used to be able to fill-in time using their app - turn on the GPS and search using the current location to see what local prices were worth. An easy way to entertain yourself when waiting to pick up somebody.

I also use multiple tabs as I find it quicker, and using a Mac laptop the middle-mouse function is something I can't seem to get to work.

In any case, I found realestateview.com.au to be a better website. The search results show recent sales (can filter out), their search function is good and their planing function for inspections is pretty good. They also have a god newsletter and each Saturday evening the clearance rates get emailed through.

According to a developer who worked on the site, they built the homepage to be the same as realestate.com.au as most people know how to use it. That being said their Android app is not too flash.

Back