Realestate.com.au changes

Anyone else think realestate.com.au has gone backwards?

Every time the realestate.com.au website gets changed, there seems to be a further loss of functionality!

Remember when you used to be able to select properties to compare features in a neat table?
Remember when in the suburb report you used to be able to flick between surrounding suburbs and compare the supply and demand ratios?
Remember when you could actually see trend data for supply and demand??
Well they are all now GONE!

Not only that, but when I rang to ask them why, and gave an example, I discovered an anomaly in the data. Try looking for a suburb report on West End. There are actually two in Queensland, but someone has deemed it appropriate to SUM the data for them, into a single profile. Which suggests that the query behind the whole database is wrong...

I'm not adverse to change, but these changes are definitely not improvements! I've let them know what I think, but if you have any other 'feedback' you would like aired, I am happy to pass it on.

Cheers

Jen

Every time the realestate.com.au website gets changed, there seems to be a further loss of functionality!

Remember when you used to be able to select properties to compare features in a neat table?
Remember when in the suburb report you used to be able to flick between surrounding suburbs and compare the supply and demand ratios?
Remember when you could actually see trend data for supply and demand??
Well they are all now GONE!

Not only that, but when I rang to ask them why, and gave an example, I discovered an anomaly in the data. Try looking for a suburb report on West End. There are actually two in Queensland, but someone has deemed it appropriate to SUM the data for them, into a single profile. Which suggests that the query behind the whole database is wrong...

I'm not adverse to change, but these changes are definitely not improvements! I've let them know what I think, but if you have any other 'feedback' you would like aired, I am happy to pass it on.

Cheers

Jen

Yeah i agree, I dont like the changes at all. I used the supply/demand trend data to see if a suburb was worth looking into further.

Are there any other alternate websites/sources of data that have the same functionality?

Yeah i agree, I dont like the changes at all. I used the supply/demand trend data to see if a suburb was worth looking into further.

Are there any other alternate websites/sources of data that have the same functionality?

None that I am aware of. SQM does have stock on the market graphs, but not demand trends. That would have to be one of the big websites. In any case, I'm still hoping they will resurrect it.

Jen

Maybe they are slowly removing features that they will put together for a paid service.....

Then sell it back to us by subscription$$

Just a thought.....

I think I'm addicted to realestate.com. I check everyday about 8-15 suburbs to see what comes up....

Maybe they are slowly removing features that they will put together for a paid service.....

Then sell it back to us by subscription$$

Just a thought.....

I think I'm addicted to realestate.com. I check everyday about 8-15 suburbs to see what comes up....

I think it's more the "idiot" factor. To appeal to the mass market you have to make the website easy to use for the lowest denominator... Less function = Easier use.

Hating not being able to search by land size on the map view.
They have a drop down box to refine your search, why wouldn't they just put the land size filters in there?

totally agree.

not being able to search land size function on the map is a real loss. it was by far my most used search. Domain doesn't do it well either. Big opportunity for a new player to enter the market here.

ps: the changes and leaving out functions is by no means 'dumbing down'. When you remove popular features it is just plain stupid

Actually, I've realised that the removal of some features has been deliberate and strategic. Now you have to give your contact details over in order to access some of the info that was previously readily available.

Cheers

Jen

We have also lost the ability to search for the price range in the properties which say "contact agent"

until recently, we could right click on the property - go to page source, then do control-F and voila, the hidden price range comes up.

Back