realestate.com.au outrages price increases

I am not sure about your claim "small minority" - paper advertising. At current market, I believe, most of people come to home open from paper advertising.
Man, I am so "not normal"... I didn't know that people under 70 bought/read newspapers anymore. :D

I am not sure about your claim "small minority" - paper advertising. At current market, I believe, most of people come to home open from paper advertising.

not even close...part of a good agents job is to ascertain where attendees found out about the property. From what I have ascertained, about 60-70% would come off the net, 20% newspaper and the rest are drive-by/letterbox drops/neighbour

that will differ obviously across different areas, but those of us working upper middle class areas where most folks are very tech savvy know that the net is the golden egg.

to demonstrate the point - everything I have ever listed has gone on the net...about 2/3 of those went in the paper as a classified and about half of those bought full colour advertising modules in the local rag...about 5% of those bought space in the Courier Mail.

cheers
UC

not even close...part of a good agents job is to ascertain where attendees found out about the property. From what I have ascertained, about 60-70% would come off the net, 20% newspaper and the rest are drive-by/letterbox drops/neighbour

that will differ obviously across different areas, but those of us working upper middle class areas where most folks are very tech savvy know that the net is the golden egg.

to demonstrate the point - everything I have ever listed has gone on the net...about 2/3 of those went in the paper as a classified and about half of those bought full colour advertising modules in the local rag...about 5% of those bought space in the Courier Mail.

cheers
UC

Our research shows that is is more like 70% net, 15% in office, referals, signboards etc and then the other 15% from the paper.. and in fact the majority of people from the paper are neighbours/locals jsut having a look. The ones who are really looking to buy are on the net. In fact we are now actively discouraging using the local paper, and putting more money into online campaigns - professional photos, tours, floorplans, ebrouchers, videos....

Maybe re.com are listening - email i got today:

Dear Agent,

I am pleased to announce that realestate.com.au is freezing residential subscription prices until February 2010*.

The decision to freeze subscription prices follows consultation with many of our members, who have expressed that this is a time when the industry needs assistance to boost real estate activity.

This announcement also coincides with a record 4.83 Million people visiting realestate.com.au in January, highlighting that there is still a growing online audience of people researching real estate agents and properties for sale**.

Australian real estate agents spend $1.1 billion each year on real estate advertising including print and online, with 12% being invested into online advertising`. With nine out of ten people researching property online#, and a reported 40% of enquiries being generated from online advertising^, we believe that advertising online continues to be the most
cost-efficient and effective advertising medium for you and your vendors.

Our decision to freeze subscription prices will help to ensure that you continue to benefit from the high return on investment that advertising on realestate.com.au delivers.

realestate.com.au last raised our prices on 1 September 2008*. Please note: For agents that are on pre-September 2008 residential subscription prices, your subscription price will be brought into line with the September 2008 rates at the time of your renewal.

If you have any questions, I encourage you to speak to your realestate.com.au Account Manager, contact our Customer Care Centre on 1300 134 174 or email [email protected]

Yours sincerely,

Jamie Pride
CEO Australia - realestate.com.au

Maybe re.com are listening - email i got today:

yeah everyone winged and they folded.... we did at our last renewal with both real estate.com and domain.com and they threw a heap of freebie priority placements and the like.. so at least we got something.... hint... tell one you are switching the the other exclusively because you like it better....

Back