Really Really Cheap Rent - If You Can Live With The Possums!

G'Day

I have an empty house - this was going to be Medical Centre site - and it's available for rent very very cheaply.

This is in Croydon North, Victoria, with easy access to the Maroondah Highway

I mainly want to have the place occupied as a caretaker while I continue with plans to redevelop the site.

I have had a 'friend' there paying $147.50 per week this year, which was deemed to be 'market rent' by Consumer Affairs which engaged two local Agents to appraise the property when she objected to the rent increase (previously $60 per week. It's a long story.).

So if anyone is looking for short term or month by month accommodation and doesn't mind the possums, pm or email me for more details.

Last year I painted the interior and installed new carpets before the 'friend' moved in. The house has two bedrooms, a separate lounge room, a kitchen meals area (gas upright stove) and a rumpus room (sunroom style) off the kitchen. There are two gas space heaters, a bathroom with shower over the bath, separate inside WC but no laundry. Well, there is a laundry room but no laundry tub.

The outside of the house (weatherboard) is rather sad as I had the faux brick sheeting removed a couple of years ago but as I had every intention of rebuilding the place I haven't done anything to the exterior since then.

I have now scrapped the medical centre idea as the neighbourhood has changed and the site could now accommodate three townhouses. So while plans and permits are being prepared the house is going begging until the new development starts. This could take about twelve to eighteen months before I start building.

The tenancy would be through my usual managing agent.

Plenty of parking, corner site, etc etc

Fresh, natural environment - ask the possums! They just love it there!!!

And cheap.

Cheers

Kristine

[email protected]

Oh, and just for comparison, I have a three bedroom about one kilometre away which rents for $260 per week, so this house would probably fetch $200 - $220 per week if the outside was as it should be. So $147.50 may be an opportunity for someone saving up to do something else and who doesn't mind roughing it for a while.

Last edited:
Back