REA's, I have a contract Q

Ive just signed a contract on a property, I apparently have 4 days 'cooling off' to decide otherwise,

Anyhow, the actual offer on paper that was accepted was subject to finance and now Ive signed the actual contract I forgot to write that clause next to where I signed, I rang the agent and told him, he says the deal IS subject to finance and he knows who my broker is, I just cant see it anywhere in the contract? should I be worried?

Either way, do make certain that you get personally see that the "subject to finance" clause is definitely in there. I'd be careful and be a little bit more prudent. Trust me, its worth your while. You never know what can happen.

Yes, be worried. Get it in writing. Do not accept verbal agreement. Read the other recent post on here regarding verbal agreement with RE agents.

Its a legal contract, get the finance clause on it asap.

W2BW,

My understanding is you need to initial the contract where changes have been made. Otherwise as it stands now your contract is unconditional. If you cant get in to sign then maybe a quick power of attorney covering only this contract needs to be faxed to your broker so he can add the clause and sign it for you. I've use this before in the past but each situation is different.

Back