Received our very first Property Inspection Report

Received our very first Property Inspection Report for our first (and brand new) investment property, last night via email with some pics.
We're very happy with the report and photos. The unit looks great.
We're going to send the tenants a Christmas card with a Westfield gift card now. :)

Received our very first Property Inspection Report for our first (and brand new) investment property, last night via email with some pics.
We're going to send the tenants a Christmas card with a Westfield gift card now. :)

Don't spoil them,They probably covered all the new holes in the walls with pictures.
I and perhaps many others believe it is best to remain on the sideline,however that's a personal choice.Once they get to know you they might start asking for things.:rolleyes:

Not

If the property is perfect, then they have complied with the terms of the contract,
do you get christmas gifts from budget for not crashing the car

Well done Jodie...tis nice when tenants treat your property well. Some of us haven't always been so lucky...but let's not go there! I am always optimistic!

Just a word of caution, do not just rely on the PM's inspection, from time to time tell the PM that you would want to be present in one of the inspections without the tenants so you can do an independent check. Some PM are lax specially with brand new properties, they think what could go wrong. Also you do not make friends with tenants, you are running a business, you need to keep some distance. Once tenants think you are soft they will ask for improvements at your cost or discount here and there because of some unrealistic expectation.

lol that wont make a good impression. tenant will be annoyed to know they have an over enthusastic landlord who will be pedantic and annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay okay I get the picture.
I decided not to send anything.

spanket I didn't think it would be annoying to receive a gift voucher.

I think rewarding tenants with a hardware voucher (hopefully spent on the house or garden) or movie tickets is an excellent idea for Christmas. Like it or not a large part of the wealth creation strategy with resi property is tied to tenants paying rent and taking care of their homes on our behalf.

For a small investment you get to reward good tenants and generate goodwill, win win I think.

If they CONTINUE to be good tenants, reward them by not putting the rent up, or keeping the rent under market levels to keep them there.

cheers

RightValue

If they CONTINUE to be good tenants, reward them by not putting the rent up, or keeping the rent under market levels to keep them there.

cheers

RightValue

I concur. I've kept the rent stable in one of my units, and the tenants have been there for 5 years.

Back