Recent sales information & valuations

W

WebBoard

I'm in the process of refinancing my home loan and i will soon get a valuation on the property. i would like to be fully armed with recent property sales of similar properties sold in the area. My property is a townhouse and i am finding it very slow obtaining sales of townhouses over the past few months. Does anyone have any handy hints on speeding up this process? I have tried past sales on the property.com web site but there appears to be very few properties that are currently on the market listed there. With my research to date, i have been breaking the sales down to $/square as a guide. When dealing with valuers with regards to townhouses, have others used a similar technique? By the way my property is in Moonee Ponds.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Peter

Valuers ring Estate Agents and ask directly for past sales performance.

It is a professional courtesy that agents respond and will discuss the property details.

Your sworn valuer will be thorough, inspecting your property and even do the 'drive around', ringing agents from boards in the area, calling into their offices etc.

Your valuer may appreciate your background information but must still do an independent professional job.

Regards

Kristine

Reply: 2.1

Rolf,

I'm in Moonee Ponds Melbourne.

In response to Kristine, the information i am gathering also includes valuations from real estate agents who i have shown my research to to add weight to my valuation claim (three "to"'s in 5 words!) When the valuer calls the real estate agent, he will already have their valuation and hopefully the real estate agent will remember the valuation to back up the claim they have already made in writing.

Peter

Reply: 2.1.1

HEY THERE PETER YOU CAN GO TO YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL AND REQUEST THE VAULATIONS OF PROPERTY'S BY FILLING IN A FREEDOM OF INFORMATION FORM , AROUND $20. ALSO THE COUNCIL HAS A BOOK OF ALL RECENT SALES WITHIN THE AREA WHICH IS FREE TO VIEW. GOOD LUCK

Reply: 2.1.1.1

If you are interested in the Canberra market, a good site is at www.allhomes.com.au

Grant

Back