recommend a broker?

hi all,

im sure its been covered before, but i was wondering if someone could recommend a good broker who is familiar with investing, preferably in SW Sydney?
i have no experience myself, and unfortunately most of my family and social circle have no interest so really have no one to talk to about it. would like to talk to someone in person because i have many questions.

or if anyone has any general advice my situation is; 26, married, combined income of around $80K, plan on starting a family next year. purchased my PPOR 4 years ago, put around $100 extra on the mortgage each week. thinking i should get an IP before we have a child, bank might make it harder.

thanks!

HI,

I sent you a PM.

Each persons situation is unique, therefore a proper fact find needs to be done to really be able to answer and provide advice to someone.

There are a number of good brokers on this site (myself included, lol) who would be able to assist you.

Best if someone is able to sit down with you and go over your goals to offer a number of options for consideration.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

No need to limit it to Sydney.

Read lots of posts here. You will soon notice the brokers who know their stuff.

Call one or two of them and just chat and see if it clicks.

All the best

Plenty of good ones around here..
some of them are great contributors in this forum... learn heaps from them

Avoid Mortgage choice/Aussie etc...

thanks for the replies, and the PM.

i figured it might be a case of lurking more. i guess i was automoatically suspect of people who might be promoting their own product on a forum, but it could just mean they have a passion for it :)

ive only had a few experiences with brokers, for my PPOR. aussie (who i went with) seemed genuine (or the guy did anyway), MC wanted to lend me more than i could afford, and another loan broker (whom i was recommended by my accountant) spruiked she had a wide selection of lenders but only wanted to push CBA.

Alex will be perfect for you AND close to home !

Well thanks Rolf!

I have passion with what I do, it’s important to believe in yourself, its also important to do the right thing by the client, to be transparent and be able to justify why you are recommending product.

Also to not suggest to someone to borrow more then what they can afford or are comfortable with paying.

One of the reasons the new credit laws are coming into being is to “hopefully” get rid of the so called cowboys.

Anyway just my thoughts on the matter.

thanks for that Alex. you may be hearing from me in the very near future, just want to do a bit more reading and research so i know the right questions to ask.

thanks,
kevin

thanks for that Alex. you may be hearing from me in the very near future, just want to do a bit more reading and research so i know the right questions to ask.

thanks,
kevin

Hi Kevin,

Not a problem take your time, if there is anything you are not sure about I and others on this forum are more then happy to help you.

Its all in the spirt of sharing.

Kind Regards,

Back