Recommend an air conditioner installer

Can someone recommend an air conditioner installer that you've previously used with good results? The IP is in the Blacktown area. The installer doesn't necessarily have to be in that area.

And on another note, are there any places you can buy discounted air conditioners?

I got mine installed by J&J Metro in Rydalmere.

The installers were fantastic. Were quicky, tidy and professional.

I got a Daiken 2.5kw installed :)

And on another note, are there any places you can buy discounted air conditioners?
ebay,
next best place is AGL homebase in Blacktown
Last time I bought some Daikins, the shop manager there was very negotiable.
I then bought some Fujitsus from the Good Guys @ Crossroads when they had a manager's special

ebay,
next best place is AGL homebase in Blacktown
Last time I bought some Daikins, the shop manager there was very negotiable.
I then bought some Fujitsus from the Good Guys @ Crossroads when they had a manager's special

Thanks! Do you find it's a lot cheaper to source your own air conditioner and then get an installer in?

I got mine installed by J&J Metro in Rydalmere.

The installers were fantastic. Were quicky, tidy and professional.

I got a Daiken 2.5kw installed :)

As a bit of a guide, how much would be fair to install this and how much would u expect to pay for the unit itself?

I paid $1800 all up.

The extra costs were

$100 for brackets to mount on the wall
$100 because I had concrete walls and they knew this would be harder to drill through.

I think the unit was $1200 on its own.

I paid $1800 all up.

The extra costs were

$100 for brackets to mount on the wall
$100 because I had concrete walls and they knew this would be harder to drill through.

I think the unit was $1200 on its own.

Cheers mate, sounds like u got a good deal on installation...

My PM just forwarded me a quote for a simliar unit installed for $2350... I am like dang!!!

THis is remote area, so might be willing to pay up to $750 for install, but i reckon they are trying to rip me for $1200 install approx!!!

Seeing its a remote area I would definitely get a good unit like Daikin.

1/3 of the unit costs is in install (in your case it looks like half), so get a good one and avoid replacing a dodgy one later.

Thanks! Do you find it's a lot cheaper to source your own air conditioner and then get an installer in?

I always buy my own aircons.
I bought a few on ebay as well but around winter time when there is less demand.
In winter the manufacturers offer rebates as well

Why pay full price?
Your tenant can wait till you're ready.

Seeing its a remote area I would definitely get a good unit like Daikin.

1/3 of the unit costs is in install (in your case it looks like half), so get a good one and avoid replacing a dodgy one later.

All things going to plan the place will be pulled down in 18months and replaced with a nice set of Townhouses, so only needs to do the job for this period and keep the current tenants happy and paying above market rent :)

All things going to plan the place will be pulled down in 18months and replaced with a nice set of Townhouses, so only needs to do the job for this period and keep the current tenants happy and paying above market rent :)

Well if thats the case I would think long and hard before putting an A/C in.

Working on the costs

$2350 / 18 = $130.55.

Unless you're getting $130 per week more in market rent I wouldnt even bother.

Im thinking reducing their rent and telling them to buy their own A/C may be a better option.

However if you really do want to put one in for them, perhaps one of those older box styles that you can squeeze into a window?

Or maybe a slim window A/C?
http://www.teco.com.au/images/uploads/ecatalogue/Skinny2009-TAC-VWB-MM-0810-web.pdf

Still, not worth it in my opinion. But how much above market rent you're getting will change my opinion. ;)

I purchased my own Air Conditioner and I've had major challenges trying to get someone to install it. Most installers I've spoken to just aren't interested unless they are also providing the unit.

BV - have you run into similar problems with your Ebay units? :)

Not with my installer, he doesn't mind.
I also don't buy 2nd hand.
I only bought Panasonic refurbished units with minor dents etc with 12 month factory warranty
If you bid on something like the 1 below, remember that you can't pick the item up yourself and their freight charges are very high so don't bid too high.
If the price is going up and up, then let it go.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Panasonic-4-...328?pt=AU_AirConditioners&hash=item3f05282f80

Back