Recommend Building Inspector for a new build with issues (Brisbane)

Hi all

I'm currently having a new house built which is nearing completion. It is on the Northside of Brisbane.

I've been having issues with the builder in terms of delays and poor quality workmanship and they are now rushing big time to get it finished before the contract date. I'm worried that they are cutting corners so am going to engage an independent building inspector to do a report for me prior to making the final payment.

Firstly, can anyone recommend a building inspector in the area who is experienced in this type of inspection (i.e. a pre-handover report for a new build as opposed to an established dwelling) who will do a good job and provide a clear report outlining all of the issues found?

Secondly, has anybody had any experience in using such a report as leverage over a builder? The final payment is going to fall due a few days after we receive the report and I'm very conscious of the fact that once I hand over the money the horse will likely bolt in terms of getting things fixed up.

Any recommendations or advice very gratefully received!!

Back