Recommend good accountant in Melb with preference for CBD

Hi,

Can anyone recommend me a good accountant knowledgeable in property matters? I have 2 IPs with a view to building the portfolio.

FY11 - I used a property focused accountant in Sydney as I was living there. This accountant was recommended by members in this forum. I thought he was knowledgeable, but when it came time to complete the actual return, it was given to someone else in his office. I provided all receipts in easily categorised buckets etc. However I still found that I had to keep going back to the guy completing the return because he kept missing deductions. I wasn't entirely happy paying top dollar for this company and having to keep going back to correct their simple mistakes

FY12 - After the above, I did etax by myself. On reflection, I wasn't sure if I'd captured the depreciation and low value pool items properly

FY13 - I went to H&R Block with the hope they would set me right on the depreciation. I had a particular question about a common expense for rental properties and asked the H&R Block whether it was expensible. He assured me it was. I was unimpressed with the experience at the time, and today I've just read something that tells me his advice was wrong.

I need a good accountant in FY14 to undo H&R Block's mistakes and I need to be able to trust that they won't miss anything like the first accountant.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know many accountants that would go through a client's pile of receipts. Why not just make a spreadsheet and put in a tab for expenses which you are unsure of.

Back