Recommend me a solicitor/conveyancer in Brisbane

Could anyone recommend a solicitor/conveyancer who could see through a possible IP purchase in Brisbane?

Thanks

P.S. Please also recommend me a good and cheap property + pest inspection service.

+4 for Darryl from Certus as I have just settled on Friday and there was no issues with process at all..

Coota

I will support the recommendations of RPI (Certus Legal). I am acting on a matter where they are on the other side at moment and they have been quite diligent.

For all the people who have recommended Certus, were you able to deal with Darryl directly or were you assigned someone else? Darryl was great when I first contacted him but afterwards there weren't any responses to feedback or otherwise.

I have been having huge issues with two property purchases handled by Certus Legal Group (same person in charge of both purchases) and I am not sure if it an individual matter or if requesting a change in the solicitor handling it would be the best way to go about it.

Last edited:
For all the people who have recommended Certus, were you able to deal with Darryl directly or were you assigned someone else? Darryl was great when I first contacted him but afterwards there weren't any responses to feedback or otherwise.

I have been having huge issues with two property purchases handled by Certus Legal Group (same person in charge of both purchases) and I am not sure if it an individual matter or if requesting a change in the solicitor handling it would be the best way to go about it.

Hi Aehli

No I don't run conveyances direct, we have 5 solicitors who do nothing but conveyancing,as well as other solicitors in other areas. BUT I take great pride in making sure that our service is second to none. Obviously I am not familiar with your matter at this stage.

Please flick me an email at [email protected] and or a pm and I will get back to you straight away.

Hi Aehli

No I don't run conveyances direct, we have 5 solicitors who do nothing but conveyancing,as well as other solicitors in other areas. BUT I take great pride in making sure that our service is second to none. Obviously I am not familiar with your matter at this stage.

Please flick me an email at [email protected] and or a pm and I will get back to you straight away.

Thanks Darryl. Will send through an email.

Ok

I have responded to Alehi privately but would also like to respond in a shorter form here.

I have spent over 3 hours reading all 70 odd emails on 1 of your files and 60 odd emails on the other so that I could get to the bottom of this.

The instant issue with the trust deed.
1. Your bank from the purchase that settled in late March has not yet registered the transfer, it may well be sitting in filing cabinet in an agents office somewhere. Where you have a mortgage the bank registers the transfers, they do not let us do it, nor do they inform us it is done. It is automatically assumed the banks register it straight away. They don't have a registered mortgage otherwise. We will (and are chasing this for you completely free of charge, as we do for anyone). We would also strongly suggest that you chase them hard, make formal complaints etc as you are their client, they will not listen to our complaints in the same way they will to yours.

2. In subsequent purchases we can use the dealing number of that transfer without having to provide a certified copy of a trust deed. As there was 6 weeks between settlements it was a very safe assumption that it would be registered. We are unable to certify the copy of the trust deed you sent us as we had to give the certified copy to your bank with the transfer documents at settlement so that they could register the transfers. It is not possible to certify a copy of a copy, it must be a certified copy of the original.

AGAIN
The titles office does not think your trust is the owner of the property that settled in late March. I would be extremely upset at your bank over this. Please contact them urgently. We will continue contacting them but they tend to tell us to go away after settlement unless you provide further instructions that we still act for you.

On a basic package purchase that you chose we would average around 10 or so emails on each matter we do. In yours there were 60 and 70. The communication from my team was far above and beyond what we would consider normal. I might also add that all their communication was polite, long and very explanatory.

I can see that you were sent an email with a table of the key dates the day after we received the contract, a full 2 months prior to settlement. You were on the same day sent a full length formal letter with a whole separate page of key dates that you could print out and follow. There was a lot of information in that letter, including a full booklet explaining everything.

My staff continued to respond and answer your questions politely during those 60 or 70 emails, often answering questions about information that had already been provided to you.

I am actually quite proud of the way my staff have handled these 2 matters with you after spending the last 3 hours reading these emails.

If you can go back and read all that communication and you are genuinely still not happy with the level of communication and service then I will waive 100% of your fees for this week's settlement.

If you go back and and read all of the communication and you still have the opinion that we did such a terrible job and that warranted your comments in this forum then I will not only waive your professional fees on this settlement I will pay all your search fee and your upcoming settlement will be a $0 bill.

Ok

I have responded to Alehi privately but would also like to respond in a shorter form here.

I have spent over 3 hours reading all 70 odd emails on 1 of your files and 60 odd emails on the other so that I could get to the bottom of this.

The instant issue with the trust deed.
1. Your bank from the purchase that settled in late March has not yet registered the transfer, it may well be sitting in filing cabinet in an agents office somewhere. Where you have a mortgage the bank registers the transfers, they do not let us do it, nor do they inform us it is done. It is automatically assumed the banks register it straight away. They don't have a registered mortgage otherwise. We will (and are chasing this for you completely free of charge, as we do for anyone). We would also strongly suggest that you chase them hard, make formal complaints etc as you are their client, they will not listen to our complaints in the same way they will to yours.

2. In subsequent purchases we can use the dealing number of that transfer without having to provide a certified copy of a trust deed. As there was 6 weeks between settlements it was a very safe assumption that it would be registered. We are unable to certify the copy of the trust deed you sent us as we had to give the certified copy to your bank with the transfer documents at settlement so that they could register the transfers. It is not possible to certify a copy of a copy, it must be a certified copy of the original.

AGAIN
The titles office does not think your trust is the owner of the property that settled in late March. I would be extremely upset at your bank over this. Please contact them urgently. We will continue contacting them but they tend to tell us to go away after settlement unless you provide further instructions that we still act for you.

On a basic package purchase that you chose we would average around 10 or so emails on each matter we do. In yours there were 60 and 70. The communication from my team was far above and beyond what we would consider normal. I might also add that all their communication was polite, long and very explanatory.

I can see that you were sent an email with a table of the key dates the day after we received the contract, a full 2 months prior to settlement. You were on the same day sent a full length formal letter with a whole separate page of key dates that you could print out and follow. There was a lot of information in that letter, including a full booklet explaining everything.

My staff continued to respond and answer your questions politely during those 60 or 70 emails, often answering questions about information that had already been provided to you.

I am actually quite proud of the way my staff have handled these 2 matters with you after spending the last 3 hours reading these emails.

If you can go back and read all that communication and you are genuinely still not happy with the level of communication and service then I will waive 100% of your fees for this week's settlement.

If you go back and and read all of the communication and you still have the opinion that we did such a terrible job and that warranted your comments in this forum then I will not only waive your professional fees on this settlement I will pay all your search fee and your upcoming settlement will be a $0 bill.

Since this shortened email was posted, just noting that as per your request, I have removed my previous post. I also wanted to state that the feedback and comments were not made so we would receive a 'waive' on professional fees but merely wanted to provide some feedback. I did not at all state that it was a terrible job which warranted a waiver, but merely that there were issues which were unresolved. An acknowledgement to the initial feedback sent months earlier would have been sufficient. Nonetheless, thank you for your time spent following up.

As there was no further response after our email back to you, I will assume that that is the end of it. Thank you for your assistance to date.

Hi Kennyboi,

I used Certus for my IP purchase in October last year.
They were great and will continue to use them.
My main point of contact was Andrew.

Cheers,

Taku

Back