Recommend website designer

Hi All,

Anyone got any recommendations for a good website designer/builder?

Done html years ago but isn't php the go these days?

Any input would be much appreciated,

Cheers Spades.

Thanks eeho,
I'll check it out.
Btw does it really matter if there interstate?
I would have preferred someone in melb,so i can go through my idea/s and how i want it set up.
Cheers Spades.

I don't think it really matters, but perhaps give him a call to have a chat and you could work out whether it would work for you. He could at least point you in the right direction.

Done html years ago but isn't php the go these days?
HTML is fine for a static website- php or some sort of scripting would be needed if you want a website which changes according to user requests of stuff that's in a database- like this site for instance.

There are templates available out there, it depends on what you want.

Thanks again eeho,

Also i have a few domain names in mind,do you or anyone else know to cover my domain name/s eg:com.au.,.com,.org etc?

Cheers Spades.

HTML is fine for a static website- php or some sort of scripting would be needed if you want a website which changes according to user requests of stuff that's in a database- like this site for instance.

There are templates available out there, it depends on what you want.

Thanks Geoff,i'll need php then.

Then again Geoff,the site would be similar to run as an eg:re.com,so i may only need html.
It depends on how big, and how dynamic it is.

While it is possible to make such a site just in html, if it was big or active then it would be a pain to keep up to date.

There's a possibility that the sort of site you're after is available, free or at a cost. It would be worth searching. Or there are sites where you can find people to get sites developed overseas for a smaller cost than here.

Then again Geoff,the site would be similar to run as an eg:re.com,so i may only need html.

Hi, most re sites sites run on wordpress a lot can be done and customized with wordpress there is also an australian commercial version similar to re.com.au

really depends on what you want and your budget

I reckon Wordpress is a good tool for websites as I use it on my site (see link in signature).

It allows me to have pages where I sell my E books, and post pages for bloging

The best thing about having a wordpress blog format is that it allows you to easily post to it without having any web skills. - One thing I have learn't about Google is that it ranks new, and original content better than static websites.

Hi bashworth,
Thanks...Wordpress would suit me for what i have in mind.
Checked your site out too bash,some good info.
Cheers Spades.

Sweet,thanks DaveM.
I'd lurve to get back into web design but don't have the time atm.
Self taught years ago then done a course but dropped out half way through as ex thought i was more interested in the eye candy than the course.
Nothing wrong with looking at nice cars is there? :p

Hi Spades,

I have a customised Wordpress website.

I used 99Designs to get my logo and basic website design and layout done.

Then used a Wordpress developer in Melbourne (Sean Rainey at Reikan.com - he is in Melbourne and so am I but we did all interactions by email and phone, so I have never actually met him, but would recommend him for sure) to develop the website with a Wordpress theme using these designs.

I incorporated a few Wordpress plugins too which I researched myself.

The Wordpress theme I use automatically adjusts the website layout and appearance to the size of the browser/screen (eg. for iPad/iPhones etc.), though it looks better on the full-screen desktop version.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi TPI,
Thanks for your input and adjusting the browser for ipads/iphones etc,sweet,i didn't think about that.
Btw like your site,good info too.
Cheers Spades.

Back